As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
This position is part of the The “Financial inclusion for a new economic start and integration in Iraq” (FI) Project team in Iraq. FI project is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the special initiative “Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees/Partnership for Prospect”, co- funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Inter- nationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project aims to sustainably improve financial inclusion and access to inclusive financial services for vulnerable target groups.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations runs smoothly
- Documentation of activities and knowledge management
- Ensure good communication and flow of information within the project and with the GIZ office and with the Cluster “Economic Perspectives” as well as GIZ Country Office
- Filing documents in reference files on MS Teams or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Assist the head of project in the admin related tasks
- Assist in organizing trainings, workshops, events with full documentation.
- Provides specific administrative and organizational tasks which are required for planning and conducting the activities
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Bachelor Degree in Administration, Management, or relevant studies
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of English and Arabic
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH- FI22-100) Project Assistant line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications