Title: Project Assistant
Reports to: Coordinator of GMAC Baghdad
Duty Station Baghdad
Migration often represents major challenges for the countries of origin and the receiving countries. However, migration also means opportunities – particularly concerning the economic development of the countries of origin –, knowledge transfer and the investment of migrants in the communities.
Within the framework of the “Migration for Development” program financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ supports more than twenty countries to better use the potential of international migration for development. As part of the “Migration for Development” program, the “Returning to New Opportunities” program establishes and enhances migration advice structures in the country of origins by setting-up Migration Advice Centres. In the context of migration advice, activities to support and advice on regular migration as well as to improve the social and economic reintegration of migrants and refugees returning to their country of origin is the goal.
▪ Greet and welcome guests in person and by phone.
▪ Managing the GMAC hotline phone, transferring income requests to the advisers accordingly.
▪ Provides basic information about the ‘Returning to New Opportunities Programme’ to the clients by phone, in person and/or online.
▪ Ensure that GMAC beneficiaries are supported according to the guidelines given by the Coordinator Advisory Board.
▪ Update existing data.
▪ Ensuring schedule and meetings are updated.
▪ Ensure that each registered client understands and signed the consent letter according to GIZ data protection department.
▪ Archiving beneficiary’s documents accordingly.
▪ Provides assistance and support to the Manager of PME Component Iraq / Coordinator of GMAC Baghdad.
▪ Assist and support the Head of Project/ Head of GMAC Baghdad in all kind of staff activities.
▪ Translation of letters and documents as required.
1. Phone and reception services:
▪ Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them,
▪ Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member,
▪ Registers, documents, and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (emails, packages and personally delivered messages),
▪ Ensures deputation for other staff members,
▪ Ensure that visitors are comfortable by offering refreshments, center’s brochures etc.
▪ Ensures that appointments are made for GMAC Advisors.
2. Office work and services:
▪ Ensures creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, fax, email)
▪ Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence,
▪ Local registration of beneficiaries, for the advisers taken responsibilities,
▪ Collecting client’s complaint sheet, follow-up necessities from GMAC Baghdad.
▪ Supports office inventory, kitchen items etc.
3. Other duties/additional tasks:
▪ Performs other duties and tasks as the request of management,
▪ Any other tasks assigned by the line-manager,
C.Required qualifications, competences and experience
• At least 1-3 years’ work experience in comparable position, preferably with international organizations or companies, with references
• Kurdish and Arabic speaking verbally and written required
• Very good knowledge of English, ideally some knowledge of German
• In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting
• Broad experience of office assistance
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel)
• Strong planning and coordination skills
• Well organized and able to manage conflicting priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Self-motivated and versatile enough to work in a multi-diverse team setting and changing work environment
• Intercultural awareness and respect for diversity
• Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PME22-010) Project Assistant
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered