PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The key duties of project assistant will be:
- To support the MADAD project team in the implementation of the technical fields of the project in line with EU grants procedures
- Organize field visits and field meetings
- run SKYE clubs and engage youth beneficiaries in project activities / build their capacity support facilitation of career support service
- Liaise with stakeholders such as camp managers on field level
- Liaise with service providers
- Prepare reports and minutes of meetings of field activities.
· Support operational activities and support implementation of project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets.
· Monitors the progress of the beneficiaries registration for VTs courses and ensures they are implemented conform planning and quality standards
· Undertake ongoing visits to various activities sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
· Work closely with Madad team and other departments to plan for project activities accordingly within any project.
· Work with ED Specialist on new inquiries from field.
· Support beneficiary selection, and ensure organizational and documental aspect of the beneficiary data
SKYE Club supervision and volunteer’s capacity building
· Work closely with volunteers assign tasks and monitor their engagement and progress in the SKYE clubs and related activities
· Facilitate capacity building plan for volunteers along with organizing motivational event for them
· Engage youth in SKYE club activities and ensure youth active participation in the clubs through direct engagement with youth, and plan and lead youth’s initiatives together with volunteers
· Monitoring the quality of SKYE clubs, holding challenges and lesson learned meetings with SKYE clubs facilitators.
Facilitation of career support service
· Career center operations (teaching, support giving career advice to youth and events organization)
· Support facilitation and ensure organization aspect of career support service
· Organize and/ or attend meetings with field level stakeholders including governmental institutes, and ensure authorization approvals for all project activities
· Share information and Madad project message on field level to beneficiaries and stakeholders as needed
· Support ED Specialist in liaising with stakeholders and support seeking apprenticeship opportunities for youth beneficiaries
Reporting, and Learning
· Prepare field visit reports, and other activity reports as per requirements
· Perform other duties as required
· Attend and participate in weekly meeting with the direct line manager. Take minutes and ensure documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
BA in relevant field or humanitarian experience with 2 years of outstanding experience
Proven ability in communication and engagement with youth, driving, leading and involving youth in youth related activities
Strong teaching and facilitation skill
Strong leadership and teamwork skill
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
1 year of experience in translation and interpretation
2 years of experience in relevant sectors in INGO or International Development Agency
1 year experience in teaching
Experience in working in a EU funded project is a plus
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic languages
Knowledge of the refugees and IDP’s context in KRI is desirable.
Advanced skills MS software
Experience in administration is preferred.
The position requires being in one of the WV KRI Duhok office
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and field visits as required.