The Programs Officer will oversee the implementation projects assigned to him/her by the Programs Manager. He/she will coordinate the activities of a designated program to safeguard the objectives and results achieved in line with deadlines, budget limitations and as specified by the logical framework.
- Coordinate the activities of designated programs.
- May recommend revision to program goals and objectives as the implementation process develops.
- Develop individual, thorough work plans for each program to oversee daily, weekly and monthly activities; identify priorities, problems, and solutions.
- Monitors budget expenditures to assure the program is neither under or overspending.
- Responsible for formulating concept notes for the Programs Manager to be considered.
- Produce reports periodically for each designated program.
- Review program documents regularly with Programs Manager to ensure decisions made are pertaining to the program.
- Recruiting of trainers, participants and/or speakers for programs.
- Liaising with the Communications and Outreach department to ensure programs are receiving appropriate publicity.
- Coordinate with Programs staff from different branches of The Station to coordinate project implementation in other governorates.
- Travel on demand to other governorates to oversee the implementation of different project activities.
- Provide business consultation and networking for the MSMEs participating in the project
Required Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Have knowledge and experience in working in/with small and medium enterprises in Iraq.
- Have some knowledge in business administration and/or trade.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience working in the Iraqi market.
- At least one-year experience working as a programs officer.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of our policies, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Must have fluent written and spoken English and Arabic. Additional languages are desirable.