The Programme Officer will be based in Erbil with travel within Erbil governorate and Northern Federal Iraq governorates may be required. Position duration is anticipated until March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension. The Programme Officer will provide a host of administrative, financial, logistical and operational support to the ISC programme. In addition, the programme officer will be responsible to support the project in the following responsibilities as requested; 1) the management and delivery of local logistics on the ground for the delivery of project activities; 2) positive relationship management between the project, local partners and stakeholders; and 3) high-quality notetaking and activity reporting. This position reports to the project manager.
Responsibilities and duties:
Serves as a project representative in programming areas, establishing connections with local leadership, civil society, and other stakeholders to gather program context information and inform activity design.
Participates in the development and continuous improvement of the program strategic framework and objectives.
Collects data required from specific locations, high-quality notetaking and activity reporting.
Conducts small surveys related to activity implementation, or other related tasks.
Provides frequent updates on project implementation in the field.
Assists in procurement and logistics functions as necessary.
Builds program situational awareness and contextual analysis/reports on the location of assignment and surrounding areas.
Assist the FOM with the administration and oversight of contracts, procurement, human resources management and office operational processes.
Ensures that the programme implementation is in compliance with client regulations including fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management
Preparing payment request packages to be reviewed by the Operations and Finance Manager
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences, or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in project administration or field operations in an international organization/NGO with the duties and responsibilities described above
• Demonstrated experience and contextual understanding of Iraq and areas of implementation.
• Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political contexts in Iraq.
• Knowledge of Iraqi social and political structures at the national, regional, and local levels highly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills required in English and Arabic.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong professional judgment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Fluency in written and oral Arabic, and English required; Kurdish and other local language proficiency is preferred, but not required.
• Local driving permit, with proven experience in, and willingness to undertake frequent and unaccompanied travel.