Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability. Ta’afi is recruiting for multiple program coordinators.
Cooperating Country National, Long-term Local Professional
Reporting and location:
S/he will report to the Program Development Officer. This position is based in Nasiriyah or Basra, Iraq
- Serves as the lead representative in specified geographic areas, establishing connections with local leadership, civil society, and other stakeholders to gather program context information and inform activity design.
- Participates in the development and continuous improvement of the program strategic framework and objectives. Devises concepts for YL in collaboration with PDO and rest of GMU
- Gives substantial input into the design and development of activities for clearance, with input into the design of engagement and implementation plans
- Collects data required for grant budgets and gathers cost and pricing information from specific locations
- Provides written and in person site visit reports
- Conducts small surveys related to activity implementation, or other related tasks
- Assists the grants manager and grants associate to develop grant implementation strategies and budgets as needed
- Works with the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) officer and associate, grants manager and associate, and program development officer to monitor the progress of each grant
- Provides frequent updates on grant implementation in the field.
- Assists in procurement functions as necessary
- Assists the program development officer and other staff in scheduling and facilitating meetings with past, current, and prospective grantees, and in providing updates and briefings on the evolving situation in the field
- Builds program situational awareness and contextual analysis/reports on the location of assignment and surrounding areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political contexts in Dhi Qar or Basra provinces in Iraq required
- Knowledge of Iraqi social and political structures at the national, regional, and local levels highly preferred, with a focus on Dhi Qar or Basra
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, the public, and partner institutions, including international and local nongovernmental organizations, governmental entities, and support organizations
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic is required; written and oral fluency in English, and other local languages is preferred, but not required
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 10 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only