PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Programme Associate is responsible for report editing and review, KRI Information Management and analysis, support to proposal development, research, and other administrative support to the Programs Team. The role supports the Programs Officers, the Country Programs Manager, and other stakeholders in engaging with external WV HQ offices (Support Office) colleagues and at times donors. The PA is not responsible for directly implementing projects, but is a key support in helping projects be implemented well, keeping databases updated, and helping to maintain positive donor relationships.
- Program Design & Proposal preparation
· Support Programs Officers in new project design workshops or meetings as needed.
· Prepare and provide documentation and reporting to update and inform donors and WV stakeholders.
· Work with various internal and external stakeholders to keep apprised of the context, needs, clusters, actors and donors related to relief in Iraq and the region.
- Reporting & Coordination
· Review and edit reports written by field operations teams for grammar and content.
· Serve as lead liaison with support offices for a portfolio of 1-3 small privately funded projects (under guidance of Senior Programs Officer).
· Coordinate with M&E and project leads to assure project monitoring and evaluation obligations are understood and implemented. When necessary, editing and highlighting key data in M&E reports will be required.
- Information Management
· Maintain response project archives (saving project documents into 2 databases).
· Support programs team & Programs Manager with analysis and data compilation projects.
· Compile and compose the monthly SitRep report.
· Compile and analyze relevant information to inform response design, Programme management, and operational improvement and promote learning.
· Visit field projects and read WV monitoring and evaluation findings.
· Where relevant, work with project staff to address any quality issues or complaints and support community consultation and information provision mechanisms.
· Work with Programs Team to Ensure programming meets WV minimum quality standards and supports improvement, reflection and learning (includes Lessons Learned events).
- Administration & Other
· Provide administrative task support to Country Programs Manager and others as needed.
· Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
· Attend and participate in WV’s spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Safety and Security responsibilities
· Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University Bachelor degree in a field related to community development work preferably in fields such as sociology, international or political studies, humanitarian law, public health, population studies and others.
- Master’s degree in above related fields is preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Writing skills
- Good Research skills
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure
- Ability to travel across Northern Iraq as needed (within WV security policy approved areas)
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision International Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full Adherence to security protocols
- Work experience with English language writing
- Work with NGO or relief programming is a plus
- Travel domestically and internationally including to projects in high risk areas of WV programming
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted