Position Title: Production Supervisor
Line Manager: Field Manager Location: SARTA, KRI
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
The role as Production Supervisor within the Sarta block primarily on the Extended Well test package, representing Genel Energy. Flexibility and adaptability are key areas as the team is small and expectations are high. The field has a high H2S content approx. 8% within the block and H2S experience is a prerequisite for the safe operations and ability to take charge of the EWT operations and manage the process to export on specification crude by truck loading.
Transfer of knowledge and eventually succession planning is part of all expat positions within GE.
This KRI based role is a Field based rotational role and reports to the Production Manager on production matters with the Field Manager responsible for daily operational details.
- EWT operations representative and Person In Charge of the well site.
- The candidate shall ensure the safety and wellbeing of himself, team members, visitors, and subcontractors within the limits of his responsibility within the Sarta field. Candidate shall be willing to demonstrate a commitment to zero incident safety culture .
- To maintain production to nominated quality and quantity as directed by the Snr Production Engineer or Production Manager.
- Work with the HSE/Environmental department on building a safe place of work, with due respect to the environment.
- Interaction with a multi-disciplined, multicultural operations team, contractors, and vendors.
- To work and act with the life saving rules of the company.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate shall have:
- Higher level Education, Degree an advantage
- Process or technical training from recognized training centres
- Emergency Management Response Training
- Oil Spill Management Response Training
- H2S Safety Training Certification
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written
- Minimum of 10 years production facility operations experience, with minimum 5 years in sour service operations
- Expert knowledge in operating upstream oil and gas process separation equipment, including heaters, exchangers, H2S crude and water strippers, N2 packages and produced water treatment equipment
- Minimum 5 years supervisory level experience
- Knowledge and awareness of industry standards, policies, and procedures; capable of backing up Field Manager
- Previous international experience in developing countries
- Full driving licence
- Major Operator experience preferred
- Experience with production operations in climates ranging from high heat desert to low temperature conditions
- Experience with oil truck transport of crude oil (including loading and custody transfer)
- Wireline experience or knowledge of safe operation of routine work
- Previous onshore experience in Middle East North Africa (MENA) countries
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Maintain plant / Operator safety to Genel Energy/Industry standards
- Overseeing EWT O&M Contractor and Person In Charge
- Monitor process operations to ensure the operator/plant delivers all fluids, to standards as directed by the company and MNR
- Monitor facilities with the operator, recognise process irregularities and ensure timely corrections
- Overseeing the operations storage and loading facilities, ensuring data and lifting plans areaccurate. Arrange tanker numbers on daily basis with the Production Manager or Logistics
- Overseeing compilation and ensuring timely submission of the daily and monthly
- production and operations reports
- Ensure all data required for monitoring of facility, well, and reservoir performance is
- collected and submitted in a timely manner
- Effectively manage chemical usage while meeting operational and preventative
- maintenance requirements
- Maintain sufficient but economical inventory of consumables (such as production
- chemicals and fuels) and spares, to ensure optimal start up and uptime of the facilities.
- Manage the emergency response activities in conjunction with the Field Manager.
Candidate shall be willing to:
- Participate in the Emergency response team and act in such a role as required.
- Transfer of knowledge – it is expected that the candidate will assist in training of staff.
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability,
- Collaboration, and Respect.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including thosefrom different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with variousteam roles.
- Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes
opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please apply via link below before November 24, 2021