Company Description: Our Company is a local general contracting, general trading, and logistics company in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The procurement Specialist, reporting to Procurement Manager is responsible for building new relationships with suppliers inside and outside of Iraq and managing relationships with those who already supply the products and services to our company, ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations. Furthermore, the Procurement Specialist oversees the planning and managing of all interactions with suppliers related to goods, products, and services that our company provides to our clients and customers. This role will have exposure across all activities of the procurement department, including researching customer needs, vendors' and suppliers’ development and negotiations, contracting, proposals, and purchase orders.
Moreover, the individual will be responsible for implementing Strategic Sourcing objectives to ensure consistent quality of material and services and timely delivery, price savings, risk mitigation, and overall supply chain improvements for the company. The individual should possess a track record of successful relationship management, strong business, and analytical acumen, and experience working in teams. The individual must have great communication skills, and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for complex procurements, communication, and engagement with key suppliers. Most importantly making relationships with vendors and suppliers in major cities like Erbil, Baghdad, Basra, Sulaymaniyah, and other governorates, and suppliers from neighboring countries, gulf countries, and overseas who operate across a broad portfolio of products, such as; electrical, medical, food, consumables, construction, and information technology. ensuring high availability and quality at the lowest possible total cost to the company.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Procurement Manager; manage and implement the process that controls change to customer requirements on material requests, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, vendor exceptions, receiving reconciliation, engineering specifications, and category IDs.
- Resolve disputes with suppliers, deviations from normal supply processes, and emergent requests ensuring maximum compliance with the company policies and applicable laws in Iraq.
- Conduct all phases in the development of complex and strategic acquisitions of first-party and third-party/affiliates, craft requests for proposals, identification of qualified suppliers, proposal evaluations, and negotiation of pricing, services, and contract terms.
- Prepare receipt of bid documents and review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders (PO), results of the evaluation of bids/proposals, and other formal documents.
- Continually identify and implement new ideas and opportunities for cost savings, and cost avoidance and proactively track these objectives.
- Assist Procurement Manager in leading and responding to critical supply chain issues and provide contingency solutions to mitigate supply chain risk or logistics disruptions for inbound and outbound logistics.
- Insure all internal controls are administered without exception and implement all audit requirements and recommendations.
- Conduct vendor performance analysis every three months and share the results with management.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the success of the department and company.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirement & Qualifications
- Trustworthy, the most important value for us.
- Networking ability, and having contact and relationship with a good amount of vendors and suppliers inside and outside Iraq.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Project Management
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a procurement or supply chain practitioner.
- Being able to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders. • Advanced knowledge of contracting principles and practices, methods, and procedures used in a competitive procurement, including value analysis and source selection techniques
- Professional communication and negotiation skills.
- Advance computer skills, including experience in ERP systems.
- Speaks Kurdish and English, Arabic is a plus.
Note: both genders have equal chances, gender will not be the basis, nor even a factor of selection.