EDUCATION, TRAINING and QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School or equivalent/ Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Language Skills – English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Enjoy working with people
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Have good commercial awareness
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Be confident about gathering facts and statistics
- Respect the importance of confidentiality
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as lead others when required
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Be able to use databases, spreadsheets, word processing and accounts packages
EXPIERENCE: more than 2 years in a similar role
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies.
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development., records/data and pricing in the system
- Schedule store visits and check the stock before order
- Execution and monitoring of all regular local procurement requirement with departments
- Invite new suppliers/ Vendors, get competitive pricing for existing products
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Assist and follow the task given by procurement manager
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
- Responsible for the preparation and process local purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time
- Source, select and negotiate for the best procurement package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Negotiate for best procurement package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products and also with knowledge in oil and gas industry, items/tools hardware, consumables and steel products.
- Good knowledge of local suppliers (both Erbil & Iraqi market)
- Should visit local suppliers and collect the goods if required.