Have you got what it takes to lead Procurement Department of a well-known local Trading and Logistics company? If yes, continue reading
Note: both genders have equal chances, gender will not be the basis, nor even a factor of selection.
Our company is aiming to move to the next level of professionalism, business relationships, and service level. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. we are looking for a Procurement Manager who is analytical, driven, strategic, and creative. A Procurement Manager that will drive important procurement activities including identification of suppliers, validation, vendor relationship management, and performance management. This role will have exposure across all activities of the procurement department, including researching customer needs, vendors' and suppliers’ development and negotiations, contracting, proposals, purchase orders, and most importantly developing relationships with inside and out-of-country suppliers.
The individual should possess a track record of successful relationship management, strong business, and analytical acumen, and experience working in teams. The individual must have great communication skills, and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiate deals, and make relationships with vendors and suppliers in major cities like Erbil, Baghdad, Basra, Sulaymaniyah, and other governorates, and suppliers from neighboring countries, gulf countries, and overseas who operate across a broad portfolio of products, such as; electrical, medical, food, consumables, construction, and information technology.
- Partner with the senior management of the company to develop a Procurement Plan aligned to business strategies and priorities, while optimizing supplier quality, cost, and risk.
- Structure short and long-term strategic relationships with vendors and suppliers. identify and mitigate risk in strategic relationships as appropriate.
- Conduct all phases in the development of complex and strategic acquisitions of first-party and third-party/affiliates, craft requests for proposals, identification of qualified suppliers, proposal evaluation and negotiation of pricing, services, and contract terms.
- Prepare a receipt of bid documents and review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders (PO), results of the evaluation of bids/proposals, and other formal documents.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes, and procedures for continuous process improvement to support business performance that delivers value; continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings, and cost avoidance and proactively track these objectives.
- Work across the company, build and own the roadmap that ensures optimal use of resources and one that acquires the best value for money.
- Implement and maintain a sound internal control system that ensures that POs are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other issues. • Develop and maintain close relationships with a diverse set of key business stakeholders in the field. • Maintain organized records to ensure any implemented system of checks and balances are being continually met for service contracts and additional compliance items. This includes the use of Contract Life Cycle Management and other tools to ensure compliance.
- Manage vendor enlisting forms and all processes that follow.
- Manage, track and report approved vendors list quarterly.
- Represent the Procurement department in meetings and other discussions.
- Spearhead the development of the procurement department. Lead, encourage and advise procurement specialists on good practices and conduct, and become their model of self-development.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the success of the department and company.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirement & Qualifications
- Trustworthiness is the most important value for us.
- Networking ability and having contact and relationship with a good number of vendors and suppliers inside and outside Iraq.
- Have previous experience in procuring and negotiating with vendors and suppliers physically. • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Project Management
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a procurement or supply chain practitioner, and at least 2 years from that comes from a senior or managerial role.
- Advanced knowledge of contracting principles and practices, methods and procedures used in a competitive procurement, including value analysis and source selection techniques
- Professional communication and negotiation skills.
- Advance computer skills, including experience in ERP systems.
- Speaks Kurdish and English, Arabic is a plus.