Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Head of Administration and Operations
Duty Station: Baghdad
The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees. The duty station for the “Procurement Assistant” is GIZ Baghdad Office.
The position holder will be coordinating and implementing the Logistics support to all cluster projects, i.e. working with multiple projects at the same time.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
Under the supervision of the Head of administration, the Procurmrnt Assistant will support the Logistics Unit and cluster projects in the following aspects:
- Supports the logistics and operations of cluster projects and cluster offices.
- Responsible for the implementation of the various facility management operations in the cluster’s offices. E.g. communication with service providers for cleaning, maintenance, and facility management services.
- Supports in the procurement processes of the cluster projects in coordination with the administration team.
- Actively supports the logistics assrangements of projects events, workshops, trainings, etc.. within the office premises and outside.
- Extends support to the organization and implementation of events and travels for incoming experts and other visitors.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with GIZ (PuR).
The Procurement Assistant performs the following tasks:
1. Procurement and Logistics
- Ensure timely delivery of procured supplies and materials.Track procurement status, payments, and warehouse work and report regularly to the Head of Administration.
- Supports all procurement processes through obtaining offers from the suppliers, conducting market assessments, in close coordination and cooperation with the administration team.
- Prepare reports on all procurement & logistics issues in corrdination with the logistics coordinator and report to the Head of Administration in a proactive manner.
- Manages and maintains the stock of equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock lists are up to date and reports any missing or damaged items immediately.
- Ensures that the invoices provided by suppliers are matching giz regulations before submitting them to the Finance Department after completion of any procurement.
- Organizes, coordinates, and works with project/program support staff (logistic assistance, office assistance, driver, cleaner, etc.).
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Head of Administration and Operations.
2. Event Management
- Supports the admin team to ensure that the required setup, material, etc. are in place during the event.
- Process the procurements of an event related materials such as banners, business cards, brochures, etc.. in close coordination with the administration team in the cluster.
3. Facility Management
- In coordination with the logistics coordinator, the position holder processes and implements the facility management related tasks. This includes coordination and communication with the cluster projects in the office, as well as the administration unit in the cluster.
- Follows up and reports open issues regarding maintenance, cleaning, and facility management services which are provided through external service providers.
- Monitors the office generators operations and fuel consumption in close coordination with the logistics coordinator.
- Coordinating and facilitating staff access to the building as needed.
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience Qualifications
- Technical education diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Holds a valid driver’s licence
- Good knowledge of English and fluency in Arabic.
- Successfully passed security driving test
- Certificate on First Aid training courses is an asset.
- Proper knowledge in MS office applications.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a similar work context.
- Experience with international organizations is an advantage.
- Experience in facility management work is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Appropriate appearance and attire friendly manner with all staff members.
- Proactive attitude
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ECON21-154) Procurement Assistant
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.