Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Department: Support Services/Procurement and Logistics
Responsible to: Procurement and Inventory Manager
Location: MAG Iraq Erbil Office
MAG is a humanitarian organization clearing the remnants of conflict for the benefit of communities worldwide. MAG is co-laureate of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize and has been operating in Iraq since 1992 and is operational in five governorates. MAG’s extensive experience and longevity in Iraq and deliver diverse programs across emergency and development response projects, including support, training, and collaboration with national NGOs
Overall purpose of the job
Under the guidance and with support from the Procurement and Inventory Manager, assists the Mechanical Support Manager (MSM) in ensuring that all procurement and inventory/asset management activities related to the mechanical assets/vehicle fleet in MAG Iraq are carried out in line with MAG policies and procedures, donor requirements and INGO best practices, maintaining appropriate controls and accountability and ensuring best value for MAG.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Carry out procurements in line with the MAG Procurement Policy and Handbook and ensure that MAG’s logistics and procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines are known, implemented, and adhered to.
• Work in collaboration with other departments, specifically mechanical/fleet, as well as suppliers to implement an effective. timely and efficient procurement process.
• Assist the Mechanical Support Manager (MSM) obtain relevant licenses, permissions, renewals of vehicle registrations, as required.
• Assist the PIM and MSM in consolidating procurement plans across different projects and bases to enable the amalgamation of purchases and reduce spot buying and small transaction processing.
• Provide regular updates on procurement activities, notably through updates of the Procurement Tracker.
• Support the dissemination of best practices and ensure key MAG policies are adhered to by suppliers, including those related to safeguarding, anti-corruption/anti bribery, anti-human trafficking, and anti-slavery.
• In consultation with the PIM, coordinate with the HQ on items sourced internationally, ensuring such procurements are processed with minimal lead-times and have custom clearances and import/export/tax exemption approvals from local authorities.
• Obtain approvals from JCC / Asayish / Ministry of Interior for asset movements and ensure the smooth transfer of assets between bases.
• Ensure that MAG Iraq master asset register is updated when procuring and disposing of assets, specifically those related to mechanical/fleet assets.
• Ensure that inventory under supervision is continuously maintained and all movements/transfers are supported by correct documentation, in line with MAG Inventory Management policy.
• Provide monthly reporting and analysis on inventory under supervision.
• Coordinate transport of goods between store locations.
• Assist PIM and MSM in performing spot checks and inventories.
• Ensure regular dissemination/sharing of monthly reports, highlighting any challenges related to procurement, inventory and asset management.
• Work within the framework of MAG’s core values.
• Act as an ambassador for MAG.
• Participate in meetings as required.
• Work in compliance with MAG’s Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct, and Dignity at Work Policies.
• Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programs.
• Undertake any other duties as may be required.
• Work in compliance with/ uphold MAG's Safeguarding framework - Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Policy on Modern Slavery.
• Encourage an open and transparent way of working that facilitates a strong safeguarding culture within and between teams.
• Ensure that all staff understand the provisions clearly and challenge any unacceptable behavior.
• A Bachelor’s degree with good English reading, writing, and speaking skills.
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated general experience in procurement and logistics.
• Experience in procurement and sourcing of mechanical/ fleet vehicle parts, repairs, and maintenance.
• Knowledge/experience of local legislation/requirements for vehicle registration renewals.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Self-Organized, team player, and ability to work under limited supervision.
• Supervision skills, able to motivate and control a small team.
• Good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel).
• Good in written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain clear record-keeping systems to monitor supply chain and asset management.
• The ability to communicate both in person and on paper.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Valid driving license.
Application procedure for the position
• All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org
• All applicants must mention the job title (Procurement and Logistics Officer) in the subject line of their email; applications with no job title in the subject line may not be considered.
• Due to high volume of applications, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• MAG is an equal opportunities employer, the closing date for applications is 25th April 2021. Late applications and applications sent through links will not be accepted.