RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence, as well as the principles and mandate of the organization at all times.
Procurement and Logistics
- Assist in the preparation of procurement plans and update them regularly;
- Collect quotations from suppliers for procurements;
- Place orders with suppliers and ensure clear communication about delivery terms;
- Make bid analyses as necessary per procurement thresholds;
- Organise the receipt of goods in Erbil, and/or liaise with field offices to prepare for the delivery of items. Prepare for the delivery of the items, and draw up GRN and update Asset register;
- Receive and process invoices, process payment of suppliers for items delivered; Follow up the payment process with the finance department to ensure obligations to suppliers are fulfilled;
- Ensure all procurements are compliant with procurement policy and donor; procurement procedures and are authorized per scheme of delegation;
- Ensure procurement documentation is complete;
- Ensure all assets are marked and recorded in the Asset/Inventory Register;
- Ensure the Asset/Inventory Register is updated monthly;
- Conduct regular stock-takes and share with all relevant staff;
- Liaise closely with the field office/s inside Syria and assist them with their logistical issues;
- Proactively seek to increase personal understanding of procurement and logistics through online trainings.
- Maintain detailed records of purchase requests and track all orders and deliveries;
- Update the procurement tracker with procurement handled;
- Any other work related activities requested by the Procurement and Logistics Manager or Programme Manager.
- Update supplier database with any new suppliers encountered in the market.
- Manage drivers and prepare and update weekly vehicle movement plans;
- Maintain records for vehicle log books;
- Manage contracts with vehicle service providers.
Training and Support
- Support partner organizations with procurements training, mentoring and capacity building as/when requested;
- Support Base Managers and Prolog Officers inside Syria, and provide training as/when needed;
- Directly manage the cook, cleaner, guard and drivers
Coordination and representation
- Take part in project opening and closing meetings
- Participate in cluster meetings and technical working groups
What the organization requires:
- At least 2 years working with an INGO in the area of logistics/procurement – this is an essential requirement;
- University degree;
- Computer literate: comfortable working in MS Word, Excel, database management;
- Excellent level of English (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent level of Arabic (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent level of Kurdish (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong teamwork skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- High degree of judgment and initiative, with ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
What the organization provides:
- Competitive salary and leave package
- Training and capacity building