The GIZ Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion Project (PSD) supports the government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German government owned organisation active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The duty station for this position is the GIZ Baghdad Office.
The PSD project is looking for a project assistant to support the Head of Project on the day-to-day operations. We are a motivated, dynamic and diverse team of 40 people which welcomes personalities with similar qualities.
- Support to the project director, module manager and team leader in project implementation matters, which includes planning, implementing, reporting, and monitoring of activities related to private sector development and entrepreneurship promotion, in line with the objectives set by the commissioning parties (BMZ, EU). The focus is on (1) market innovation topics, primarily tourism and renewable energy/photovoltaics (RES/PV) and (2) analysis of the image of the private sector as an employer and the development of related media campaigns.
- Coordination with and between MSMEs, start-ups, service providers and public entities.
- Liaising with and between project partners, beneficiaries, experts and other relevant stakeholders, maintaining a good flow of communication.
- Overseeing the development, review, and timely submission of project-related materials, including regular reports that measure and evaluate project results.
- Preparing appropriate inputs for different project reports, including annual reports, briefings, etc. as well as contribution to the other reports required by the project management and GIZ Head Office.
- Designing, organizing and supervising different events like meetings, workshops, missions, webinars, etc.
- Contribute to the project’s communication products (project factsheets, brochures, success stories, etc.) and ad-hoc inquiries.
- Support knowledge management, primarily in terms of collecting, processing and distribution of relevant information. This also includes the development, review and dissemination of sectoral expertise, learning and knowledge materials with project partners and project beneficiaries, company staff, private sector representations, etc.
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Education: University degree (Bachelor) in a relevant field (e.g. environmental and/or Engineering department, economics, business development, innovation management, institutional building, etc.)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the area of private sector development.
- Knowledge of the local economic structure, framework conditions and public/private institutions in the area of entrepreneurship development.
- Experience in interlinkages between private sector development and market innovations.
- Previous working experience for international development organizations or NGOs is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic, and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken). German language skills is a strong advantage, and knowledge of Kurdish is beneficial.
- Microsoft Office software literacy.
- Strong managerial and organizational competencies
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: Private Sector Development (BGH-PSD22-053)
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered