Position: Power Expert
Duty Location: Erbil
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Publishing date: 1st Nov, 2022 Open till position filled
Starting date: As soon as possible
Long Listing: One week after publishing
- Involving in complete electrical design for retrofit of existing AC 0.4KV, 11KV and DC48V DC57V DC72V.
- Load demand calculations, diagnosis week points, and develop plan to improve it.
- Perdioc assit for network power availability.
- Provide power planning solutions and expertise to other departments.
- Develop and evaluate future power planning for major projects.
- Ability to make engineering decisions.
- Participates in making long-range plans for design, layout, and developments.
- Engage 5G new power products into network system
- Design and Managing ICT Data center industry.
- Plan for hiring new technologies for applying in telecom network.
- Tackle with mobile telecom network entities.
- Tackle with Huawei, Nokia, Emerson, Eaton and Vertiv products.
- Study and design PV solar system for telecom sites and exchange buildings.
- Planning and design for power system network.
- Rehabilitation plan or re-planning for exist power network system.
- Prepare BOQ and technical data sheet for required materials.
- Carry out engineering design and commissioning of Power projects.
- Provide full technical management of the projects.
- Identify project issues and put proactive plans in place to resolve effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provided solutions and electrical designs for diverse projects including Cores, Exchanges, and last-mile sites and other telecom facilities.
- Review and assess new technology, materials, and equipment.
- Provide technical support to field as needed.
- Ensured electrical design meets performance/cost requirements and program milestones with tight schedule.
- Coordinated electrical design modifications and documentation updates to launch support and payload processing.
- Long-term plan for enhance network power system.
- Periodic evaluation of existence power system entities
- Calculations and design for lightning and grounding systems accordingly to international standards.
- Qualified academic background in power system, BSc. in electrical engineering (power specialist)
- +6 years experiences in mobile telecom power systems.
- Profession in AutoCAD.
- Fluent in Kurdish, English, and Arabic.
- Depth knowledge and experience in AC low voltage power systems.
- Depth knowledge and experience in DC power system related to telecom network.
- Familiar with DC power supply -48 V.
- Familiar with UPS products, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with low voltage power products (MCB, MCCB, Power Cable, grounding systems… etc.)
- Familiar with electrical sensors.
- Self-drive and motivated thinking.
- Ability to develop engineering solutions.
- Familiar with RF, RAN, IP & IT technologies with basic knowledge of all of them.
- Advance knowledge and experience in Huawei Net ECO management system.
- Advance knowledge and practice experiences in 5G power system.
- Advanced knowledge in battery models (VRLA and Lithium)
- Advanced knowledge in hybrid systems.
- Have a good understanding of Electrical networks, Control systems, Power Monitoring,
- Familiar with diesel Gensets and DG PLCs.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in ATS and MDB borads.
- Mobile communication knowledge background.
- Team working and creative skills.
- Work to the highest with personal standards and achieve set objectives
- Adequate knowledge and practical applications, international specifications, codes and standards concerning to mobile telecom industry.
- Deep knowledge in grounding system practice codes (IEC62305, NFPA 780, BS7430, NFC-17-102, Motorola-R56).
How to apply: Candidates who fit the requirements mentioned above are highly encouraged to send their CVs via email to email@example.com and mention Power Expert in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Gateway ICT Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.