Job Title: POS Technician
Reporting to: IT Support Manager
We are seeking a responsible POS (Point of Sale) device Technician to join our IT team. If you are passionate about IT, equipment testing and wants a hands-on job with hardware, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting, hardware repairs of POS systems and reprogramming, installing applications, upgrades, backup and other maintenance tasks.
- Resolve service tickets and service requests in a prioritized and timely manner.
- Communicate with development teams and vendors for solutions identified via reported problems.
- Provide System Administration for POS Terminal Management system (TMS).
- Managing all the POS terminals via Terminal management system with firmware and applications upgrade.
- Scheduling remote upgrades for POS machines to the latest application version via TMS.
- Monitoring all the POS machines live status and generating device and app reports via TMS.
- Communicate with vendor regarding feature enhancements on TMS and POS under the supervision of the manager.
- Maintaining record of Reseller’s POS devices asset details.
- Maintaining POS device and accessories stock inventory.
- Responding in a timely manner to solve issues and requests.
- Minimum one-year of experience in the repair of electronic office equipment or electronic and electrical systems or computer equipment’s (Laptop, PC and Printer).
- CompTIA A+ Certification is preferred.
- Experience in POS hardware repairs and firmware, Software installations are value added.
- Experience in Android operating system and app installation.
- Experience in Windows operating system and software installation.
- Experience in office applications like MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The Ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills and be knowledgeable about digital payment technology and EMV payments.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science or Electronics communication.
- Ability to work well and communicate within a team as well as work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation.
- Very clear, confident and effective verbal and written communication skills in English language and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are required.