GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Victim Assistance Project Officer for Diyala, the physiotherapist Trainer (PT Trainer) will ensure the quality of physiotherapist service delivered by Handicap International and its partners’ to vulnerable population.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Preparation for trainings
- Participate in making assessments of DOH and supported hospitals staff technical capacity in PHCC
- With the TA rehab support, identifying training needs for the DOH and supported hospitals staff
- With TA rehab support to develop a training plan schedule in line with HI standards
- Work with TA rehab and MHPSS team to develop a comprehensive training package: including guidelines resources, preparation of materials, case studies, and presentations for the training
Training and Capacity Building
- Support the PO in ensuring effective logistic of training sessions and other activities
- Provide qualitative training, in line with HI standards, on your field expertise to improve rehabilitation services and promote the importance of early rehabilitation; to identified DOH and supported hospitals staff – and other actors – according to training plan, with the support of rehab TA.
- Provide on the job coaching to identified DOH and supported hospitals staff on rehabilitation skills (including working in pair with the DOH staff as part of their on the job training)
- Provide support to the rehabilitation department to improve its development and the promotion of importance of early rehabilitation care, in collaboration with PO and TA
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct regular monitoring assessing the quality of the care provided by the trained staff
- Report after each trainings (attendance sheet, pre-post-test etc.)
- Report any technical issues faced to PO and TA along with suggestions for improvements
- Provide relevant feedback and analysis on the impact of the trainings.
- Contribute to the analysis of the data extracted from project monitoring tools, in close collaboration with the project officer and project manager.
- Submit data required for reports, monthly reports and updates as required.
Coordination and Communication
·Strong link with the TA and technical coordination is maintained with regular communication
·As you are an HI representative in the facility, ensure appropriate and effective communication and collaboration with other staff in service in the PHCC
·As requested by PM, provide direct PT to persons with need on the site of intervention, with supervision from TA Rehab.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- Degree diploma in Physiotherapy
- At least 3 years of experience in trauma management
- Experience as a trainer of adults in field of expertise
- Experience in supervision and/or development of IEC material desirable
- Strong communication and creative facilitation skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Basic computer skills demonstrated experience in utilization of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
- Fluency in local languages (Arabic).
- English is a strong asset.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 16.30 PM with 30-minutes lunch break. For field visits to Diyala, the working hours can start from 7.00 AM to 15.30 PM. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities. It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Base: Bagdad base with regular travel to South of Diyala governorate.
Line Manager: Project Officer VA
Head of Department: Project Manager RE & VA
Operational link: Rehab Technical Advisor, MHPSS trainers, MEAL agents, PT workers, Deputy Project Manager for RE & Partnerships.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
28th Mar 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD -PTT–504
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted