The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Erbil
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Erbil
Date of Issue: 25 November 2020
Deadline for applications: 08 December 2020
Under the supervision of Regional Pharmacist and Logistics Country Manager: He/She supports the ICRC Iraqi delegation for domestic market assessments and the identification of potential medical suppliers. Interacts with Iraqi pharmaceutical regulatory authorities and provides legal and technical support for the importation of medical products and for shipments between North and South Iraq. Supports the medical warehouse supervisor for the implementation of GDP/GSP in Erbil medical warehouse.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of Regional Pharmacist and the Logistics Country Manager in Iraq:
- Is the legal representative of the ICRC’s pharmaceutical activities to National Drug Regulatory Authority, both in relation to procurement and distribution of healthcare goods.
- Files and archives pharmaceutical legal documentation, follows up for new and updates of National laws and regulations and informs relevant people accordingly.
- For narcotics and controlled drugs importation, storage and distribution, ensures compliance of the Logistic department activities with national legal requirements.
- Performs market assessments for the preselection of products and suppliers, organizes visits of suppliers, writes visit reports and submits to the Regional Pharmacist for review.
- Assesses the quality of product samples of medical devices and conveys relevant information to the Regional Pharmacist.
- Understands and follows up on national pharmaceutical laws and regulations as they apply in both federal Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan (particularly regarding importation, regulatory requirements applicable to pharmaceutical warehouses, management of controlled drugs and expired drugs).
- Ensures compliance by ICRC to changes in Iraqi legislation and regulations and keep regular contact with Iraqi pharmaceutical regulatory authorities.
- Under the supervision of the Regional Pharmacist, ensure compliance with the QMS (Quality Management System) implemented in the region.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Pharmacist qualification (Bachelor's level).
- 6 years experience working in pharmaceutical company.
- Good technical knowledge and experience with medical devices and equipment.
- Computer proficiency.
- Fluent knowledge of Kurdish, English and Arabic languages.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market of drugs, medical devices and medical equipment in Iraq
- Knowledge of the Iraqi pharmaceutical legislation regarding marketing authorization and importation and customs rules in particular.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Proactively develop new ways to resolve problems and actively share relevant information.
- Set clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Delivering at Pace, Collaborating, Making Effective Decision
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, planning, communication and organizing skills
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should send the following to (ERB_hr_services@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).