In your role you are responsible for the technical, substantive and organisational implementation of a project’s measures and activities. In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases. You are also responsible for providing specialist support to colleagues in bands 2 and 3, and ensure the quality of the commission’s outcomes.In addition you contribute to the conceptual design of the project, in particular its modification or realignment. You make technical and substantive contributions to overarching issues in cooperation with commissioning parties/clients, partners and other actors and thereby support the achievement of the agreed objectives of the respective project and provide impetus for further strategy development. In coordination with the country director and your line manager, you also use your contacts for the acquisition of contracts on behalf of the company. In consultation with your team colleagues and line manager, you also coordinate all issues within your area of work and ensure that they are dealt with promptly and competently. You resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges in your team. In consultation with your line manager, under your role you may assume management responsibility for staff members in band 1, with due regard for P+R and GIZ’s applicable HR policies, instruments and procedures. You are involved in ongoing process development within your remit, are responsible for knowledge management and prepare and share documentation. If required, you also support other experts in familiarising themselves with and performing their tasks. You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
BRIEF PROFILE Example (5-8 main tasks based on formal job description or staff assessment and development talk – please update)
- Advising on and implementation of inclusive, conflict-sensitive participation measures for the cooperation partners in Anbar, including the design of training measures as well as mentorin services
- Providing advisory on capacity development measures for cooperation partners in Anbar related to the topic of inclusive, conflict-sensitive participation
- Advising on the implementation of measures supporting women’s participation and representation for the local cooperation partners in Anbar, including the design of training measures as well as mentoring services
- Providing advisory on capacity development measures for cooperation partners in Anbar related to strengthening women participation and representation
- Planning and implementation of community-based social cohesion activities
- Providing advisory to other components of the project regarding an inclusive, conflict- and gender- sensitive implementation of activities
- Supporting the M&E unit in context monitoring activities and reporting
- Supporting the management of financing agreements and service contracts
Qualifications and specialist area
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience (additional 2 years of related work experience) in an area that is related to the project objectives such as political science, other social sciences, development studies, or any other relevant disciplines, with a focus on a relevant field such as conflict transformation/peacebuilding or gender studies.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in approaches to support social cohesion through improved citizen participation and state-citizen dialogue and social cohesion measures more generally, capacity development of administrative staff regarding basic service delivery, promoting gender equality, or in a comparable position
- At least 10 years relevant working experience with organizations in peacebuilding and humanitarian aid, civil society as well as public authorities.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic languages
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (RA-ARILA22-027)
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered