Contract Duration:Till 31-Dec-2018
QANDIL is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious humanitarian aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, QANDIL’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
The Outreach Team Leaderwill work on QANDIL’s ‘Outreach Project,’ while reporting to the Outreach Project Manager. The project is a joint initiative by UNHCR and QANDIL, which aims to mobilize Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) within Erbil Governorate to build their own community-based mechanism for protection through volunteers. The project will commence in three key locations in Erbil governorate. The Outreach Team Leader, under the supervision of the Outreach Project Manager, will establish a connection with the communities, identify suitable ‘Outreach Volunteers’ and train them on basic protection principles, UNHCR’s Code of Conduct etc. Once trained, the OVs will be able to identify vulnerable cases in their communities and refer them to the Outreach Team Leader. The Outreach Team Leader will work closely with the communities, while coordinating with government officials and any formal or informal leaders of the host, refugee and/or IDP communities. Each Team Leader will be responsible for a particular area/community and will manage the Outreach Volunteers in that area. The OVs must be closely supervised and coached, especially in the beginning. Weekly meetings should be held with the OVs and biweekly or monthly meetings should be held with other community members.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish a connection with communities and mobilize community members to engage in community-based protection.
- Coordinate closely with local authorities, formal and informal, as well as refugee/IDP community focal points in each area, establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
- Identify suitable OVs.
- Manage OVs in the given area.
- Organize and facilitate trainings for OVs on Community-Based Protection, UNHCR’s Code of Conduct, Specific Needs etc., with support from the Outreach Project Manager.
- Receive referrals from OVs.
- Uphold QANDIL and UNHCR’s code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Based on the standard operating procedure, taking action, such as providing information, referring the call to another unit, or informing senior management about the nature of the call.
- Tracking the status of each case and ensuring that follow-ups are being made, and working to increase levels of beneficiary satisfaction with the follow-ups provided by QANDIL.
- Regularly seeking appropriate and updated information from the core competencies/programme team to provide to beneficiaries. Entering beneficiary data into the QANDIL beneficiary database.
Required Qualification & Skills;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Project Management, IT, Sociology…etc ;
- At least 2 years’ experience with community mobilization or organizing community-based activities is a significant asset;
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic & English Languages; Time management skills and effective problem-solving skills required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work with both community members as well as local authorities in a sensitive and respectful manner, and ensuring that all community members are represented;
- Willingness to work in all areas of Erbil Governorate;
- Must work well within ethnically or religiously diverse groups;
- Team-building skills, able to effectively mobilize and motivate both staff and volunteers