VACANCY: Ortho-Prosthetist / FEMALE CANDIDATES ONLY
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Ortho Prosthetist
Duty Station: Iraq – Erbil
Reports to Prosthetic& Orthotic team leader
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 20 October 2021
Deadline for applications: 2 November 2021
The Ortho-Prosthetist technician is responsible for providing services to clients/patients who require prosthetics or orthotics at Erbil, Physical Rehabilitation Center. This includes working as a team member, working in line with ICRC quality management system, and making contributions toward innovative service delivery.
- Participates as a full member of the rehabilitation team; takes part in the assessment and prescription of the prosthetic/orthotic device interface, suspension and selection of the proper/available components.
- Manufacture Prosthetic and Orthotic (P&O) appliances of good quality in accordance to the ICRC standards.
- At all times works closely with clients/patients and their families/ care takers ensuring they know about their device and their rehabilitation programme.
- Promotes best practice in collaboration with physical rehabilitation team and is actively involved in the delivery of service to complicated/complex cases.
- Mentors technical and clinical staff involved in the provision of Prosthetic and Orthotic (P&O) and wheelchair services within assisted physical rehabilitation center, embedding of freshly graduate students, supports center managers and Prosthetic and Orthotic (P&O) to implement guidelines in order that standards are respected.
- Ensure the effective use of ortho material and other resources allocated for service provision.
- Collaborates and liaises with all members of the rehabilitation team to ensure a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all aspects of the quality management system are fully understood and implemented.
- At all times works within the policies and procedures of the ICRC management system and contributes toward continuous quality improvements.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Diploma in orthopaedic technology.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as an ortho-prosthetist with a wide scope of practice.
- Experience working with people with disabilities is highly desirable.
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability, able to work overtime when needed.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
- Fluent command of Kurdish and Arabic languages, English language is an asset.
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle.
This vacancy is for female candidates only.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).