Genel Energy is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of
reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). Headquartered in London, it has a Global
Service Center in Istanbul, and offices in Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland.
We own a portfolio of high-quality assets with robust growth options over the short, medium, and longterm. An excellent capital base and a high caliber board and management team underpin these assets. We
are steadily growing our business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan
Region, and through value-accretive acquisitions, building a high impact exploration portfolio within the
Middle East and Africa, while expanding our Kurdistan footprint.
The Operations Planner reports to the Business Services Manager (direct line) and Operations Manager or Production Manager (reporting line) and is responsible for building and maintaining the Integrated Operations Plans and assigned Project Schedules.
• Fully responsible for Integrated Operations schedules and assigned Project Schedules, building from the Annual Work Plan & Budget (AWPB) and Asset development Plans.
• Developing plans for maintenance work orders, the repairs, servicing and efficient functioning of all machinery and equipment in a plant.
• Develop and maintain O&M cross-functional plan (2wk, 6wk, 12wk, 4Q and 8Q).
• Develop and maintain project schedules for Brownfield Projects and assigned Greenfield Projects
• Facilitate 6 / 12wk planning meetings, daily onshore calls, and liaison with the team.
• Develop and maintain Operations Readiness Plans for new Projects and Plants.
• Implement integrated operations, planning, process, and practices in line with the IOP procedure.
• Apply safety culture, understand SIMOPS issues, identify improvement opportunities and produce work prioritization to meet constraints.
• Work closely with the Maintenance, Production, and other functional teams as necessary on communicating work details and ensuring that all resources (manpower and materials) are captured in the work order and resource loaded in the P6 schedules.
• Develop and/or update Mechanical Predictive & Preventative Maintenance Routines as required.
• Analysing deviations between baseline plan and forecast and propose solutions.
• Develop baseline progress curve and monitor actual and forecast progress.
• Chair weekly schedule review meetings, plus others as required and drive out issues through effective control and follow up of actionable items.
• Daily control of field movements within the Operations department.
• Work with cost controller to develop budgets, forecasts and prepare regular reports and structure plans in a manner that allows this to happen easily.
• Work proactively with Operations Manager to embed a planning culture within the Operations environment.
• perform other associated duties as assigned.
Internal & External Interaction:
• Coordinate between PM&E team, subsurface team, drilling team and operations team and external 3rd party contractors/vendors to minimize execution impact to operations and assist in maximizing production.
• Co-ordinate with the Cost Controller and relevant Finance teams for monthly and quarterly reporting.
Skills and Experience:
• 10 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry working for an International Operating Company.
• Strong English language skills.
• Onshore site experience required.
• Excellent coordination skills.
• A self-starter who can willingly engage with the entire organization to secure the necessary data to build excellent plans and schedules.
• Experienced Primavera P6 user, able to quality control own and others’ plans, and export and analyze plan data for reporting purposes.
• Strong team player
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
• Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organized oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; help with various team roles.
• Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors/suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
• Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please Submit your application via (https://apply.workable.com/j/92C450E89E) before