The Operations Manager directs and coordinates, through hands on and team involvement, the activities concerned with production of company service(s), utilizing knowledge of throughput, inventory and operating expenses. This role works closely with staff to establish standards, controls and budgets while maintaining optimum production and the utilization of all resources.
The following are the major duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Responsible for a multi-functional plant producing products for customers. Impacts plant finance, manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality, and information systems.
- Will make decisions that will have a significant impact on the business of the company in terms of costs, schedules, and customer relationships.
- Troubleshoot production and maintenance issues and immediately enacts contingency plans as needed. Review on going performance results to targets, takes corrective action, implement, and measure results.
- Establish standards and controls while maintaining optimum production and utilization of human resources.
- Direct and guide the need for change for the purpose of improving methods by the use of measurable standards, realistic goals and accountability for improvement.
- Oversees daily activities of facility to include, maintenance, production control, and quality.
- Helping human resource department in finding, shortlisting, and interviewing operation team.
- To manager the spare parts.
- To manage the dealership agreements, follow-ups, and finding new ones.
- To manage the existing clients’ profiles, and finding new one.
- 3 - 5 years: years of experience as an Operations Supervisor, Manager or a related role.
- Speaking/Writing/Reading Skills in Kurdish and English required. Arabic is a plus.
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant education or training.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Team building, Process improvement, People & team management, Leadership Skills, Communication
Skills, Coaching, Change Leadership, Budgeting, and Active Listening