The conflict between the Syrian regime and opposition forces, which began more than ten years ago, has since become increasingly fragmented and violent. The situation of the people on the ground is becoming increasingly critical amid massive human rights violations. The stabilization project focuses on strengthening civil society vis-à-vis the regime and extremist groups by maintaining the influence of civil society actors on the ground. This is achieved through the promotion of civil society initiatives, local consultation processes, and the reintegration of marginalized groups. Due to the security situation in Syria, the project is being implemented remotely from Erbil/Iraq.
- Communication and liaison with the different service providers who provide services for the projects’ offices, e.g. landlord, cleaning and maintenance companies, etc.
- Supports the administration team in the registration of office assets in the inventory system, creating room lists, and labeling assets
- Report malfunctions or maintenance needs of office equipment to the relevant units, e.g. IT, maintenance team, logistics team, etc.
- Quality control of the services provided by external service providers, such as cleaning and maintenance services, and report any problems or issues to the relevant units
- Processes small procurement requests for office supplies such as stationary, small office equipment, hosting and catering items such as tea, coffee, etc. in close coordination with the administration team
- In charge of receiving the goods that are procured and delivered to the project by performing quality and quantity check
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder could be asked by the line manager to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description
- University degree in business management/ administration or similar area (finance, law,..etc)
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience with developing sector (NGOs, INGOs,..etc) is an added value.
- Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English. Knowledge of German is a great added value.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set and determine work priorities and organize tasks accordingly
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills.
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref :(EBL-SP22-104) Office Manager line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications