The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
A. Job description:
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the projects, other giz of-fices, and relevant departments and service providers.
- Assisting the operational performance of the projects/ programs offices in close coordina-tion with the administration and logistics team in the cluster.
- Manages and coordinates schedules for regular team meetings, and other events (e.g., workshops), responsible for booking the meeting rooms in the office.
- Supporting the projects with their events and workshop preparations such as preparing the meeting rooms and making sure they are supplied with the necessary equipment.
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed
- Communication and liaison with the different service providers who provide services for the projects’ offices, e.g., landlord, cleaning and maintenance companies, etc…
- Job description
- Bd2_Office Manager_NMA
- Acts as a health focal point for the office, making sure that all health measures are ap-plied and that the office is supplied with the necessary health equipment.
- Supports the administration team in the registration of office assets in the inventory system, creating room lists, and labeling assets.
- Report malfunctions or maintenance needs of office equipment to the relevant units, e.g. IT, maintenance team, logistics team, etc.
- Quality control of the services provided by external service providers, such as cleaning and maintenance services, and report any problems or issues to the relevant units/ pro-jects.
- Facilitate the access of giz staff to the offices by creating and updating staff lists and com-municating these lists with the relevant units.
- Processes small procurement requests for office supplies such as stationary, small office equipment, hosting and catering items such as tea, coffee, etc. in close coordination with the administration and logistics teams.
- Responsible for mail delivery and shipping of documents among the projects and giz dif-ferent duty stations.
- In charge of receiving the goods that are procured and delivered to the project’s offices, by performing quality and quantity checks in coordination with the administration and lo-gistics unit of the cluster.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder could be asked
- An academic degree in business administration, office management, or a relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office management as secretariat work.
- Working with international organizations is an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set and determine work priorities and organize tasks accordingly.
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and to cooperate and work together with a team.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: Office Manager (BGH-ECON22-050)
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.