Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Head of GMAC Baghdad
The Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in twelve partner countries of German Development Cooperation.
The focus of the component “Migration Advice” is to provide counselling services for returning migrants and to those interested in migrating. Migration advice includes counselling services and information on vocational and educational programs and employment opportunities in the country of question. For this purpose, counselling services are tailored to each individual and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme provides tailored support and qualification measures.
The Office Manager is responsible for
- providing administrative services for the programme
- meeting the administrative needs of the office independently
- support all staff members at the programme office in administrative and finance topics
- ensuring for both offices that financial and administrative regulations are complied with
The Office Manager performs the following tasks:
The Office Manager
- ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff
- accompanies the project/programme manager or other team members to meetings if necessary
- prepares and organises internal meetings
- Coordination function between GMAC-Baghdad, Career Centre Erbil and GMAC- Erbil regarding first level approach
- Conducting visits to our partners at the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs whenever required.
- Responding to PME clients’ messages at GMAC Baghdad Facebook pages
- Provide documents translations whenever necessary.
- Acting as HR Focal Point for both GMAC Baghdad and Erbil.
- Acting as RMO focal point.
The Office Manager
- is responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.)
- organises with the GIZ office on the mode of service delivery
- monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines
- travel arrangements for personnel, groups and other GIZ partners, including scheduling flights and ground transportation, booking accommodations and handling any other trip-related tasks
- is responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- archive confidential files, specifically in the areas of finance
- responsible for proper maintenance of the office facilities, maintenance log and general upkeeping.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Office Manager
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Responsible for visitor management of the GMAC Baghdad
- First point of contact to returnees and visitors of the GMAC Baghdad and referred beneficiaries from the Ministry of Migration and Displacement as well as the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, both on the phone and in person
- manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email) and prioritises and organises it
- Responsible for registering all new clients in the Case Management Tool.
- Submitting the monthly SBE & SSBE reports.
- Responsible for the client visitors follow up sheet.
- Updates the GMAC Baghdad client’s tracker as well as the CMT back-up list whenever necessary.
- Contacting clients before their referral whenever requested.
The Office Manager must have an excellent level of organization, the ability to understand complicated logistical information and high attention to detail. Furthermore, they also need to be able to communicate with employees, supervisors and travel agencies with professionalism, clarity and accuracy. In addition to these general skills and personal characteristics, employers are looking for a office Manager with the following skills.
Core skills: an office Manager, focus on mastering the following:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication
- Working knowledge of the travel industry
- Understanding of travel policies and regulations
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Experience with coordinating travel arrangements.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Firm grasp of digital data and file management systems
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or in economics or related field
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- outstanding communication skills
- excellent command of English language, ideally a knowledge of German
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PME21-158) Office Manager
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered