ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL:
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal currently has almost 400 staff across numerous locations in Iraq, including Erbil, Dohuk, Ninewa, Salah al Din, Kirkuk and Baghdad. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul, Tikrit, Baghdad and Aana. Human Appeal has and is delivering over $50 million in humanitarian and early-recovery assistance in 2017-18. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods; WASH; and education. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
Human Appeal Iraq is seeking an Office Assistant to support the administrative duties of the Country Director. The Office Assistant will report directly to the Country Director. The Office Assistant will have office and personal assistant duties which are included in the following points.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record keeping responsible for maintaining office filing and record keeping systems; enters, edits, and retrieves data; processes forms such as expenditure claims, employee time sheets, deposit forms, courier distribution logs, mandated cost reports, purchase requisitions and online supply orders; maintains databases, records, confidential files and other related information for department needs.
- Document preparation produces letters, memos, spreadsheets, and agendas from straight copy, rough draft, or oral instructions; completes forms, requisitions and other documents; submits print requests; prepares pamphlets, flyers, manuals, and handbooks; proofreads assignments for accuracy and completeness.
- Communication/Customer service Answers and routes telephone calls; conveys information both orally and in writing; answers inquiries from parents, staff, students, and other clients regarding departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures; directs clients to appropriate resources; acts as office receptionist greeting and directing visitors; schedules and coordinates meetings for supervisor; provides materials, and initiates requests for information when required.
- Staff Support Coordinates and prepares for meetings and special events by assisting with registrations, payments, and confirmation, reserving rooms, and arranging for refreshments and necessary equipment; duplicates, sorts and distributes various documents; prepares bulk mailings; maintains departmental calendars; coordinates and confirms conference room reservation schedules; sends, receives and distributes faxes and e-mail; sorts, distributes, and redirects mail; maintains inventory of office supplies and orders as necessary; operates standard office equipment.
- Preparing the Monthly Attendance Reports for all HA Projects and send the reports to Country Director.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, coordinates and attends Staff meetings, and write the minutes of meetings.
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager.
- carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings.
- liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Any other duties assigned by the Country Director.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- Bachelor degree in administration or business.
- Minimum of 2 years successful HR& Administrative experience in the NGO.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Good verbal and written in English,
- Arabic and Kurdish
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.