Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Coordinator Governmental Relations and Career Centre
Duty Station: Erbil with frequent travel to GMAC Baghdad Office when required.
The Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in twelve partner countries of German Development Cooperation.
The focus of the component “Migration Advice” is to provide counseling services for returning migrants and to those interested in migrating. Migration advice includes counseling services and information on vocational and educational programs and employment opportunities in the country of question. For this purpose, counseling services are tailored to each individual and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme provides tailored support and qualification measures.
The Office Assistant is responsible for
• Providing administrative services for the programme.
• Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently.
• Supporting all staff members at the programme office in administrative and finance-related topics.
• Ensuring for both offices that financial and administrative regulations are complied within GIZ regulation.
The Office Assistant
• Ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff members.
• Accompanies the project/programme manager or other team members to meetings if necessary while providing translation when required.
• Prepares and organizes internal meetings while writing minutes of the meeting.
• Joins meetings with political partners when translation is required.
• Aids PR team in terms of calling online training participants and responds to messages over social media.
• Provide documents translations whenever necessary.
• Acting as RMO Health Body focal point.
The Office Assistant
• Is responsible for organizing administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.)
• Organizes with the GIZ office on the mode of service delivery
• Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines while updating office inventory.
• Travel arrangements for personnel, groups and other GIZ partners, including scheduling flights and ground transportation, booking accommodations, and handling any other trip-related tasks in collaboration with cluster admin team.
• Is responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
• Archives confidential files, specifically in the areas of finance
• Responsible for proper maintenance of the office facilities, maintenance log and general upkeeping.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Office Assistant
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management team.
• Responsible for visitor management of the GMAC Erbil
• Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email) and prioritizes and organizes it.
• Covers for the hotline activities during the absence of Local Registrar (Project Assistance)
• Responsible for the client visitors follow-up sheet during the absence of Local Registrar (Project Assistance).
• Contacting clients before their referral whenever requested.
The Office Assistant must have an excellent level of organization, the ability to understand complicated logistical information and high attention to detail. Furthermore, he/she also needs to be able to communicate with employees, supervisors and travel agencies with professionalism, clarity, and accuracy. In addition to these general skills and personal characteristics, employers are looking for an office assistant with the following skills. Core skills: an office assistant, focus on mastering the following:
• Strong interpersonal communication
• Working knowledge of the travel industry
• Understanding of travel policies and regulations
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships.
• Experience with coordinating travel arrangements.
• Experience working in the travel industry.
• Firm grasp of digital data and file management systems
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or in economics or related field
• At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
• Strong communication skills.
• Very Good command of Kurdish and English language, ideally a knowledge of German and Arabic is a plus.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email,
Ref: (EBL-PME21-180) Office Assistant
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered