PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide support to the Medical officer for primary healthcare consultations with in the clinic in the IDP camp or mobile clinics, support health promotion activities and supervise hygiene and health promoters. Support routine vaccination programs were present. Conduct basic screening of patients and maintains accurate patient records, medical supply inventory and provide input in reports.
· They will be responsible screening patients including vital, maintaining outpatient records and medical supply inventory.
· They will support the MO in care of children through the integrated management of childhood illnesses.
· Were possible Male nurse will support male patients and female nurse support women in MNCH activities including antenatal and post-natal checks.
· Maintaining infection control in the clinic.
· They will keep and maintain patient records and the outpatient register.
· Provide health education and counseling in liaison with in clinic health educators
· Assisting in emergency response to disease outbreaks, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Holds a nursing qualification from a recognized training center or medical certificate.
Registered with a professional body eg nurses council,
Experience with IDPs and conflict affected populations.
Native Kurdish, good written and spoken in Arabic, understanding of English is an advantage.
Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
Willingness to work in difficult conditions.
2 years’ experience as PHC or hospital nurse
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.