Multiple Proposal Position | Advertisement
Chemonics seeks number of qualified personnel for an anticipated USAID/OTI project based in Iraq. The project aims to provide assistance and support to reconciliation efforts to post conflict areas throughout Iraq. The initial goal of the USAID/OTI program will be to restore civil authority by earning the trust and confidence of disaffected populations. The program will aim to assist persecuted, conflict- affected marginalized populations in the region and support overall efforts aimed at preventing the return of violent extremist groups or other organizations. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The initial objectives of the program will be to:
- Empower local communities by identifying and delivering on local livelihood and infrastructure priorities;
- Enhance engagement between government and citizens; and
- Promote norms of tolerance, coexistence, and dialogue.
Illustrative positions will be located in Baghdad, Erbil, and other potential regions such as Mosul, Erbil, and Ramadi. Potential positions include:
- Regional Program Managers (exact location TBD)
- Program Development Officers (PDO)
- Grants Specialists
- Finance Managers
- Procurement and Logistics Specialists
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialists (MEL)
- In-depth knowledge of the local context of Western and Northern Iraq, including, but not limited to, Ninewah and Anbar provinces
- Proven ability to work independently and complete deliverables with little supervision
- Grants under contract experience and knowledge of USAID grant rules & regulations preferred for grants specialists
- Previous experience working for a donor or donor-funded program working in early recovery, democracy and human rights, conflict reduction, social marketing, media or related field is preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written in Arabic, and/or another local language required; Written and oral fluency in English preferred
To apply please visit https://ChemonicsRecruitment.formstack.com/forms/iraq_recruit. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the email subject line. Deadline for applications will be July 23, 2018. Applications will be considered on a rolling bases, therefore applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.