Job Title: Motion Graphic Designer
Purpose of the Position
A Motion Graphics Designer creates complex graphics, animation and live video content for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, handheld electronic devices, the web and television, among others. Other projects can include title and post-production work, as well as multimedia campaigns, promotion products, technical illustrations and computer artwork for use in a variety of materials.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web.
- Work with illustrators, designers and instructional designers to understand the project scope and objectives.
- Assist in the creation of animation storyboards.
- Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic project.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
- Assist in selecting appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the project.
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Support the design and illustration team with photo editing, bespoke illustration and icon design.
- Responsible for training and developing others in the use of animation software.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting edge work.
Skills and qualification:
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of software (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, 2D/3D animation, and INSERT PROGRAMS HERE)
- The ability to partner with other creative team members and key stakeholders to create content used across a variety of platforms (web, mobile, video, and more).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong project management skills
- Meet with clients, internal and external, to understand needs and share ideas
- Be a great communicator, receive and interpret feedback, and meet tight deadlines
- Respond to user feedback, data/analytics, and client feedback to improve the creative work in future iterations
- At least 3 years graphic design experience including video production design and animation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics preferred
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution