The Iraq Community Resilience Initiative – Ta’afi (ICRI-Ta’afi) is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by supporting accelerated recovery in conflict-affected areas, improvement of the public’s perception of local leadership, and strengthened the social fabric of Iraqi communities.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Associate will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager
2. Work Location and Number of Vacancies:
The position is based in Erbil. (1) vacancy.
Acts as the primary focal point to ensure MEL plans are executed in a timely manner and site visits are scheduled accordingly
Assists the MEL officers in creating and developing tools and templates to collect and analyze data
Conducts and ensures timely and accurate data collection and reporting for pre/post-intervention assessments, activity monitoring, and evaluations, using quantitative and qualitative tools, including but not limited to focus group discussions, key informant interviews, qualitative observation, and surveys
Documents site visit findings and verify output and outcome in accordance with monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans
Collects, analyzes, and systematizes feedback on clusters of activities
Performs online database audits to ensure accuracy of entered data and consistency of records
Assists grantees with report preparation to ensure reports capture results and impact
Coordinates field data collection schedule and logistics with Field MEL Coordinators
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
- A minimum of one year of demonstrated experience in data collection, research, and/or reporting on program impact and implementation highly preferred
- Experience with donor-funded organizations preferred
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Experience working with data collection software preferred
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills related to research, analysis, and MEL preferred
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, the public, and partner institutions, including international and local nongovernmental organizations, governmental entities, and support organizations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish and other local languages is preferred, but not required
5. Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
6. Additional Information
- Contract period: until 31 January 2022 without the possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with a wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved training for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
8. Application Instructions
Due to a high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 26 June 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only