Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/BHA Iraq Monitoring Project. The purpose of this contract will be to establish a third-party monitoring (TPM) and evaluation support system to monitor, verify, and evaluate selected programs in Iraq which are funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The information and findings from the project will be critical in ensuring program learning and accountability, which will be useful for real-time programmatic adjustments and future program design. USAID is intending a one (1) year base period with three (3) one-year options to extend.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will provide the overall technical direction to the Contractor’s team on monitoring methodology and data analysis. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools and other required deliverables.
**Please note: Iraqi nationals are strongly encouraged to apply**
- Design data collection tools for third party monitoring site visits in alignment with BHA’s areas of humanitarian focus.
- Assist in training site visit monitors to use the data collection tools
- Clean data as it is received and analyze it to develop findings.
- Write findings up into concise reports that include data visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field. A master’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or a related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Within the 7 years of experience, the M&E Specialist should have at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one (1) year of quantitative and qualitative field research experience working in conflict zones or complex emergencies.
- Previous experience providing technical support to third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, and/or large-scale evaluations.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Iraq is desirable.
- Exceptional analytic, interpersonal, and team management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.