As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in Federal Iraq.
About the project
GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH) is a German development agency that provides services in the field of international development cooperation. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is tasked with improving employment prospects in the technology sector for young entrepreneurs and job seekers in Iraq. Since 2018, the project Information and Communication Technology (ICT) - Prospects for Modern Youth in Iraq has been working with its partners to support Iraq's technology and startup ecosystem. To achieve this goal, the project promotes the establishment of innovation hubs and training in entrepreneurship and digital skills in Baghdad, Basra, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, and Mosul - and provides space for coworking, coding, and networking within the tech community. The project also supports research and access to finance through grant matching and the establishment of angel investor networks in Iraq.
- Implement the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan in coordination with project director, project team and M&E advisor to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of activities in accordance with the project log frame.
- Track baselines and key indicators and establish data collection tools and reporting mechanisms that capture progress in project implementation
- Provide monthly feedback on the M&E goals and outputs to enable the project team to track its performance and for reporting purposes.
- Support the project’s partners in their monitoring procedures to meet accurate M&E requirements including provision of regular reports, success stories and media material.
- Prepare interim project reports by compiling M&E data to provide empirical evidence in accordance with GIZ monitoring and evaluation procedures, as well as data analysis.
- Contribute to staff knowledge and understanding of the M&E plan and the data collection tools and processes.
- Delivering workshops and supporting capacity development of ICT project partners.
- Facilitate regular internal exchanges on indicator achievement, M&E updates and providing evidence based advise to ICT project technical team.
- Ensure knowledge management and lessons learnt of the ICT project are captured and transferrable for future usage.
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in communication, statistical/social/political/economic sciences, or IT or other relevant.
- Working experience of 3-5 years in the development sector and/ or other relevant sector, with a specific focus on M&E.
- Experienced in working with international organizations and stakeholders.
- Experienced in working with digital surveys, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluations and designing of monitoring tools.
- Experienced in report development; extraordinary analytical and writing skills.
- Good (working) knowledge of ICT technologies, computer applications (e.g., MS Office) or similar
- Business fluent in Arabic and English (writing and speaking), knowledge of Kurdish is an asset.
- Very good analytical, communication (target-group oriented) and organizational skills
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Has experience and enjoys working in a multi-cultural team.
- Willingness to learn and up-skill.
- Willingness to travel in the different implementation areas of the project (Central Iraq and KRI)
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH ICT23-019) Monitoring and Evaluation SpecialistSubject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications