About GIZ and GIZ Iraq
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to support refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to support improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
About the project
Nineveh Governorate in north-western Iraq continues to be severely affected by the occupation by the so-called Islamic State (IS) and the subsequent liberation struggles. The GIZ project “Strengthening resilience in dealing with crises and conflicts in Ninewa, (SRN)” aims at strengthening resilience of vulnerable people in Nineveh through (1) peacebuilding measures, (2) livelihood activities and (3) the construction and rehabilitation of basic public social infrastructure.
Project activities in all three components as well their unintended negative effects are being monitored in line with the project logic to track to track the projects progress. Evaluations are conducted to measure the outcome and impact of project activities.
- Design monitoring tools fit to the specific needs of the different project components and activities, such as household surveys, baseline assessments and post-distribution monitoring
- Develop questionnaires to measure the outcomes of all three components, possible unintended negative effects and the impact of the whole project
- Review and analyze data and reports submitted by partner and available needs assessments
- Oversee data entry into GIZ monitoring tools
- Conduct and represent GIZ during monitoring visits and write respective reports
- Observe contextual developments and challenges threatening the implementation of activities
- Provide input for reports to the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
- At least four years of proven experience conducting evaluations on outcome level, including conceptualization of questionnaires and interpretation of collected data
- At least four years of proven experience in development projects
- Proven experience in the field of (remote) data collection and analysis
- Proven professional experience in Nineveh and familiarity with the context
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the project objectives
- Fluency in Arabic and English, with proven ability to adjust to different contexts from a local, rural level to higher-level political discussions
- Ability to work independently, initiate processes, and propose ideas proactively
- High competencies in teamwork, willingness to coordinate and collaborate professionally with all team members, other GIZ units and the GIZ hierarchy as well as implementing partners and political partners
- Good knowledge in ICT technologies and computer applications
- Willingness to contribute to a fast-paced team and being flexible to ever-changing contextual implementation context and the associated challenges.
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-SRN23-004) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications