The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project’s component 2 “Improving employment prospects in the private sector” supports the creation of employment prospects for young Iraqis, especially women and returnees, following an integrated approach that combines labour market-driven skills development and job placement measures as well as entrepreneurship development, and advisory services for MSMEs. Special attention is given to sectors with a strong potential for growth such as agribusiness, solar energy, waste management, and hospitality, with a regional focus on Baghdad, Basra, Diwaniyah, Diyala, Erbil and Mosul.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal enterprise with worldwide operations. GIZ supports the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ is also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions. GIZ has more than 22,000 staff around the globe and operates in about 120 countries worldwide.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and mission-driven team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We are looking for people who can think outside the box and walk the talk.
The duration of the contract is six month with the possibility for extension
The position holder is responsible for
- supporting the international M&E and Communications Advisor in the duties of monitoring and evaluating project activities and results on employment promotion of the PSD project to ensure smooth reporting of the project to its commissioners.
- processing technical and coordination aspects of the implementation of daily operational aspects of the result-based monitoring (RBM) system as well as surveys, studies, external service providers and experts according to GIZ standards.
- ensuring and maintaining a very good project documentation, diligent data management and result presentation are a significant part of the job.
- regularly follows-up with M&E Focal Points of the project on results reporting etc.,
- identifies the needs of partners and project staff regarding M&E skills and capacities, and
- carries out or supports M&E activities for/with partners and project staff
The M&E Officer:
- manages the collection, review, cleaning and filing of sources of verification and data- sets as well as aggregates and calculates respective data and information gathered
- assists with research activities and studies on sustainable job creation including contracting and coordinating external monitoring and evaluation experts
- ensures data, information and knowledge transfer into project tools such as Wiki, tracking critical issues and lessons learned
The M&E Officer:
- compiles relevant data and information on project activities and results concisely, suitable to respective report and in a ready-to-share manner
- visualises and presents the project’s results to the M&E and Communications Advisor and to the project team, if needed reviews progress reports
- reviews progress reports
The M&E Officer:
- supports the project with any additional tasks if deemed necessary
- university degree is mandatory, preferably in economics or IT/statistics-related (asset)
- at least 3-5 years of relevant occupational experience in project management
- a proven record of M&E and reporting tasks is mandatory
- experience with applied social empirical research work or business analytics is an asset
- experience with an international company or development organisation is an asset.
- very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and digital, esp. MS Office 365 applications
- additional knowledge of visualisation / data management applications such as Power BI and / or professional in-depth knowledge of MS Excel is an asset
- tasks require diligence and detail-orientation whilst being solution- and team-oriented
- above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken); German and/or Kurdish language skills are an asset.
- team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible which includes the ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods and the willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ERB-PSD21-105) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.