Job Title:Monitoring & Evaluation (C&V) Officer
Reports to: M&E & Communications Advisor
Duty Station: Baghdad
The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project’s component 1 “Improving economic policy conditions for growth-oriented and investment climate” supports governmental efforts in central and south Iraq as well as Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It provides advisory services for economic reforms to government partners and supports fact-based policy making through promoting the inclusion of private sector representations, academic institutions and civil society organisations into policy- making processes. Overall, this multi-donor action puts emphasis on developing long-term abilities of its partners such as Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal enterprise with worldwide operations. GIZ supports the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ is also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions. GIZ has more than 22,000 staff around the globe and operates in about 120 countries worldwide.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and mission-driven team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We are looking for people who can think outside the box and walk the talk.
The position holder is responsible for
- supporting the international M&E and Communications Advisor in the duties of monitoring and evaluating project activities and results of the project “Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion” to ensure smooth reporting of the project to its commissioners (BMZ/EU).
- coordinating daily operational aspects of the result-based monitoring (RBM) system as well as surveys, studies, external service providers and experts according to GIZ standards.
- ensuring and maintaining a very good project documentation, diligent data management and result presentation are a significant part of the job.
- regularly follows-up with M&E Focal Points of the project on results and activities reporting,
- identifies the needs of partners and project staff regarding M&E skills and capacities,
- carries out or supports M&E activities for/with implementing partners and project staff
The M&E Officer:
- manages the collection, review, cleaning and filing of sources of verification and data- sets as well as aggregates and interprets respective data and information gathered
- assists with research activities and studies on economic policy development including contracting and coordinating external monitoring and evaluation experts
- ensures data, information and knowledge transfer into project tools such as Wiki, tracking critical issues and lessons learned
- compiles and consolidates relevant (qualitative) data and information on project activities and results concisely, suitable to respective reports and in a ready-to-share manner
- visualises and presents the project’s results to the M&E and Communications Advisor and to the project team, if needed
- reviews progress reports and co-develops presentation material for communication purposes. This includes the assistance of the project’s line managers in presenting activities and results of their field of action and / or the PSD project as a whole
- supports the project with any additional tasks if deemed necessary, including the area of communication and visibility for the EU
- university degree is mandatory, preferably in economics, political/social sciences (asset)
- at least 3-5 years of relevant occupational experience in project management
- a proven record of M&E and/or project progress reporting is mandatory
- experience with data-based communication / PR work an asset
- experience with an international company or development organisation is an asset.
- very good working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications
- tasks require diligence and detail-orientation whilst being solution- and team-oriented
- above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken); German/Kurdish language skills are an asset.
- team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible which includes the ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods and the willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PSD21-149) Monitoring & Evaluation (C&V) Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered