Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Reports to: Head of Programme
Duty Station: Baghdad
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the strong (youth) protests in 2019 has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes budget management reforms, public revenue generation, a stronger commitment to combating money laundering and terrorist financing, and a strengthening of the financial sector. The project aims to support the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these four areas.
Iraq has so far generated most of its revenues from the oil sector. The 'domestic revenue mobilisation' component aims at strengthening the public administration institutions (Ministry of Finance and downstream institutions) to increase revenues outside the oil sector.
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes public financial management and tax reforms. GIZ is supporting the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these areas and is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to Support our efforts in Government Reform.
The M&E Advisor will be responsible for
- Planning and implementing baseline, mid-term reviews and end line surveys
- Planning and implementing periodic field monitoring and data quality assurance exercises
- Preparing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting of monitoring data and results
- Provision of capacity development measures on monitoring and evaluation for RePLECA staff and implementing partners
- Supporting the development and deployment of GIZ approved digital data collection tools for routine monitoring and survey activities
- Managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- Assisting project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- Fostering innovation and knowledge management for the project
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Advising the partner institution(s)
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
- Contributes to preparing and implementing coordination processes, joint project/programme activities and work at the governorate and national level
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
2. Networking and cooperation
- Supports cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners, assists with public relations work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies, and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme
3. Knowledge management
- Ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures
- Writes reports and prepares presentations
- Prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes.
4. Coordination tasks
- Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication, and documentation
- Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Bachelor`s degree in statistics, information technology, engineering, social sciences, or any other relevant disciplines
- At least 4 years’ professional experience as a monitoring and evaluation professional in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities specifically in the humanitarian contexts
- Profound working experience in using different data management, analysis and visualization applications/software including MS Excel, SPSS, Stata, PowerBI, Arc GIS, KOBO collect among others
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic languages
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-FFM22-018) Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered