Title: Migration and Reintegration Advisor/Civil Society Focal Point
Reports to: Coordinator Advisory Board and PR & Communication
Duty Station: Erbil
Migration/Reintegration Advisor Migration Advice Centre Context
The Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in twelve partner countries of German Development Cooperation.
The focus of the component “Migration Advice” is to provide counseling services for returning migrants and to those interested in migrating. Migration advice includes counseling services and information on vocational and educational programs and employment opportunities in the country of question. For this purpose, counseling services are tailored to each individual and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counseling services, the program provides tailored support and qualification measures.
Are you a creative solution maker? Proactive and research-driven with attention to detail?
If yes, then this Migration and Reintegration Adviser opportunity could be for you.
Overall Purpose of Post
The position holder will carry out advice and support giving services in the above-mentioned frame to individuals seeking counseling and support, including individuals interested in migrating to and returnees from Germany and other EU countries. He/she researches, compiles, and makes available relevant information, offers, and actors in legal migration and reintegration offers (business start-up, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support, and others) in Iraq. He/she exchanges with his/her counterparts in Germany to provide country-specific information to migrants intending to migrate to Germany and migrants interested in returning to Iraq. He/she cooperates with relevant counterparts within bilateral projects of GIZ and GIZ country office as well as implementing partners, service
providers, and institutions. He/she supports the team in the development of the activities and approaches of the centers. He/she additionally supports the team during fieldwork in regard to communication with various actors.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing counseling to the above-mentioned target groups.
- Researching relevant information on existing actors and offers in social and professional reintegration, business start-up, job placement offers, and vocational
- Contributing to information events related to advice-giving for the target group.
- Backstopping to the project management regarding activities of the government in this topic.
- Researching and monitoring the labor market as well as transnational economic activities between Iraq and Germany – providing related information to the team.
- Contributing to the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the project activities including tracking of clients.
- Ensuring effective communication and flow of information within GIZ and with other relevant actors.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Cooperating with counterparts in the frame of the global program and providing updated reintegration-related information.
- Ensuring the good flow of information and coordination with all local and international partners.
- Researching, reviewing, preparing relevant reports and documents, including the input on weekly updates, monthly and annual reports.
- Frequent traveling and working in the whole country.
- Organizing events and provide minutes of meetings, workshops, and seminars on national and international levels.
- Supporting the visibility and outreach of the project services through social media.
- Updating the relevant folders of the GIZ (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients, etc.
- Engaging in other activities as assigned by the project management.
- Ensuring the context-sensitive implementation of concepts and tools.
Civil Society Organisation Focal Point Tasks & Responsibilities
- Civil society organizations (CSO’s) background on the field for the national and international actors in Iraq
- Continuous and ongoing civil society actor mapping
- Researches and identifies needs of the target beneficiaries, linking them to relevant, potential partner CSOs
- Providing support and guidance to CSO’s on proposal writing and fund application process
- Compiles and disseminates regular updates on CSO partners work, progress, and impact
- Handles M&E duties with the CSO partners, regular reporting, visit, and evaluative assessments
- Liaise and works closely with the local authorities especially the Directorates of NGOs in Iraq
- Facilitates and introduces CSO partners to local authorize
- Coordinates closely with a team of advisers in Germany
University degree, preferably in the field of Social Sciences, Psychology, Education, Business or other related profiles.
- At least 4 years of working experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic, German language skills is a big asset.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Experience in working with or in the field of development cooperation and/or labor market policy/migration.
- Knowledge in the field of migration and asylum.
- Knowledge in the employment sector in the country of deployment and its migration policy.
- Knowledge in active Civil Society Organizations
- Knowledge in the legal basis for labor migration to Germany is an asset.
- Excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Experience in psychosocial counseling is an asset.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative whilst multitasking to support various colleagues and meeting tight deadlines.
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in the country of deployment and with the international community.
- Able to establish a good and respectful working relationship with all staff in the organization, demonstrating accountability and transparency to the roles and
- Good IT skills.
- Fast learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organization in other duties as required.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (ERB-PME21-113) Migration and Reintegration Advisor/Civil Society
- Focal Point
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.