VACANCY: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer (Psychologist 2)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Psychologist 2
Duty Station: Iraq – Erbil
Reports to: MHPSS Delegate
Duration of Contract: Six months fixed term contract (with possibility of extension depending on performance and operational needs)
Date of Issue: 01 August 2021
Deadline for applications: 14 August 2021
The Psychologist 2, under the supervision of the MHPSS Delegate, will support the MHPSS Delegate in the tasks of implementation, supervision and monitoring of MHPSS programs in Northern Iraq. In particular, he/she will be in charge of supporting the MHPSS program for people with disabilities at the ICRC Physical Rehabilitation Center in Erbil.
- Support to the Physical Rehabilitation Program at the Erbil Physical Rehabilitation Center (PRC).
- Support the PRC social worker to improve the organization of the MHPSS care service at the PRC.
- Reinforce the training of the PRC Social Worker in Basic Psychological Support and supervise the clinical management of cases with MHPSS needs.
- In conjunction with the PRC Social Worker, conduct a comprehension mapping of services in Erbil.
- Organize a referral system.
- Conduct workshops on stress management and communication skills for physiotherapists.
- Define psychoeducation messages for PwD to be used in videos and leaflets.
- Support the reflection on the continuity of the MHPSS program at the new PRC site.
- Support in program monitoring: database, reporting and information management.
- Support field activities of other programs in Mosul or Dohuk when needed (such as training activities, assessments and supervisions).
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree in Psychology, master’s in clinical psychology is preferable.
- 3 to 5 years of overall professional experience with minimum 2 years’ experience in MHPSS programs.
- Experience working with people with disabilities is highly desirable.
- Experience in training and supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability, able to work overtime when needed.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, planning, communication and organizing skills.
- Fluent command of English and Kurdish and Arabic languages.
- License to practice in Iraq.
- Computer proficiency.
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).