UNOPS is recruiting for UNMAS programme in Iraq.
Duty Station: Home Based
Medical Coordinator (Operations Specialist) - Multiple positions
Application deadline: 21-Oct-2020
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Persons with no UN experience are encouraged to apply!
This position is open to nationals or persons with a valid residence and/or work permit.
The Medical Coordinator will report to the Explosives Hazard Management (EHM) Operations Senior Officer and will be responsible for the following assigned duties:
- In coordination with the EHM Senior Ops Officer and Operations/Quality Assurance Officers, conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control assessment visits of UNMAS Iraq clearance contractors and NGOs medical assets and capabilities.
- Provide continued monitoring and oversight of UNMAS clearance contractors and NGOs medical staff deployed across the UNMAS Iraq programme. Ensure that the medical staff is monitored to perform their duties according to the required standards through regular visits and External Quality Assurances (EQA) inspections and that if a mentoring schedule is required it is set up and should be followed.
- Conduct operational review of UNMAS Iraq Clearance Contractors and NGOs medical assets.
- Conduct analysis of data relating to Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) reports relating to medical support from the UNMAS Iraq clearance contractors and NGOs;
- Assess medical facilities used to support MEDEVAC and CASEVAC;
- Actively review the clearance contractor and NGOs medical SOP's/MERP and compliance with UNMAS Standard Working Practices (SWP) and International Mine Action Standards (IMAS).
- Act as Medical Advisor for the EHM Operational team members;
- Make recommendations to enhancing survivability and medical well-being of the programme;
- Provide EQA, progress reports, etc as directed by the EHM Senior Operations Officer.
- Travel to Erbil, Fallujah, Ramadi, and any other location within Iraq as needed.
Education and Relevant Years of Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, or related field with 5 years of relevant experience is required; OR
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, or related field with 7 years of relevant experience is required; OR
- National or industry registration/license as an Emergency Healthcare Provider (eg. Emergency Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Advanced Paramedic (CCP, TPC, FPC), Medical Technician or any other related field) with 6 years of relevant experience is required; OR
- A technical or professional diploma in related subject with 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as work experience as nurse, emergency physician, paramedic or related fields in the health care sector;
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required;
- Valid Current Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or similar recognized emergency trauma certification (ATLS, ITLS, TTLS, TCCC-MP) is required;
- Previous experience in delivering medical training is desired;
- Valid Remote/Austere Medical Skills (RAMS) or similar recognized prolonged field care or nursing care certification is desired
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking) is required
- Fluency in Arabic (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
- Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement - Home-based, Retainer
- Contract level: LICA-10 (ICS-10)
- Contract duration: Open-ended and subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance