The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for All Monitoring and Evaluation Activities in the Field for various Human Appeal Projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow Up and visiting the projects inside Iraq in different locations.
- Dealing with MEAL tools " Survey , Questionnaires , Kobo forms , ... "
- Conduct regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validations in coordination with Field Officers.
- Preparing reports according to site visits and depending on each project.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Human Appeal monitoring and evaluation system.
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line).
- Sharing learning from MEAL process with the Field team.
- Train the volunteers on MEAL Process.
- Provide written weekly, monthly Reports to MEAL Coordinator.
- Any other duties assigned by the MEAL Coordinator.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded initiatives.
- Experience of field data collection and Survey mechanism.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Good verbal and written in Arabic, English, Preferably Kurdish.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- The necessarily to learn on the job and willingness to improve and adapt.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to direct aid and international development in the humanitarian context.
- Creative and adaptable working, prepared to travel to Field visits, Meetings and training.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict.
- Deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way, particularly with staff for whom English is not their first language.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.