Human Appeal is a British INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflicts in Iraq. Human Appeal Iraq is one of the leading INGOs responding to the Mosul crisis. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; food security and livelihoods, WASH, protection, shelter, Education and others. In a short space of time Human Appeal has expanded its operations significantly with programmes worth $25+ million and 200+ staff. Human Appeal is working in partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP etc.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Call Center Assistant will be responsible for all receiving and responding to telephone complaints in the Field for various Human Appeal Projects Follow Up and visiting the projects inside Iraq in different locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and responding to telephone complaints as appropriate
- Dealing with MEAL tools " Survey , Questionnaires , Kobo forms , ... "
- Conduct regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations in coordination with Field Officers.
- Preparing reports according to the complaints and depending on each project.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Human Appeal monitoring and evaluation system.
- Sharing learning from MEAL process with the Field team.
- Train the volunteers on MEAL Process.
- Provide written weekly, monthly Reports to MEAL Coordinator.
- Any other duties assigned by the MEAL Coordinator.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- University degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded initiatives.
- Experience of field data collection and Survey mechanism.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Good verbal and written in Arabic, English.
- Preferably Kurdish.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- The necessarily to learn on the job and willingness to improve and adapt.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to direct aid and international development in the humanitarian context.
- Creative and adaptable working, prepared to travel to Field visits, Meetings and training
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict.
- Deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way, particularly with staff for whom English is not their first language.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.