PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To ensure the food security projects portfolio like WFP MMT processes of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning are implemented according to World Vision standard procedures. And providing monitoring and accounting documentation on food security project processes.
On site monitoring and consultation with beneficiaries
- Present in the distribution and service sites to ensure the distribution processes meet the expected standard as per the project objectives
- Conduct focused group discussions with beneficiaries
- Conduct interviews with beneficiaries to understand the problems and issues faced by them
- Visit training and skill building sites and conduct transaction monitoring
- Part of the indicator and performance tracking and reporting
- Part of the post implementation monitoring survey exercise
Accountability and reporting
- Support the MEAL officer in managing the accountability input system at the service sites and among the beneficiaries
- Ensure support and management of the help desk / or face to face interactions and receiving and managing beneficiary inputs.
- Ensure support in the design, production and dissemination of communication material like banners and posters about the project and updates
- Assist the MEAL Officer in ensure follow up of the complaints and responses
Coordination and data processing
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision programs and departments in the governorate so as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of MEAL resources is in place. Good working relationship established between Ops, MEAL and programs teams
- Support in data cleaning and run basic analysis for transforming data to information
- Be effective in communicating key monitoring messages with beneficiaries and stakeholders in the field
- Work with the Project coordinator to supervise the Tutor’s assistant and student and provide training for all other WFP livelihood staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachlor degree education
- Fluent in Arabic and/or Kurdish (speaking and writing)/ very good in English .
- Strong skills in Microsoft office especially database and MS Excel and reporting writing skills.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- Strong analytical and detail orientation skills and ability to produce clear written reports.
- Some social mobilization experience
- Work exposure in the development and relief context
- Experience to conduct focused group discussions and surveys
- Report writing skills in Arabic, Kurdish, and English.
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions.