As MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) and Grants Manager you will institutionalise quality standards throughout the portfolio of Malteser International in Iraq and will ensure the Iraq program is effectively supported through the acquisition of donor grants.
- Develop an institutionalised approach to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and set up a standardised system on data collection
- Contribute to continuous review and update of the accountability information in line with Malteser International´s policies and guidelines as well as relevant international standards
- In close alignment with the Country Coordinator design and lead sectoral assessments in order to ensure Malteser International programs are relevant, meeting the need in a people centred comprehensive approach in line with Malteser International´s program approach
- Contribute to project development and coordination of proposal development and take the lead in writing of high quality concept papers and donor proposals
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in a related field (Social Sciences, Disaster Management, Development Studies)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in international NGOs
- Experience with programs in health, protection or livelihood related projects an added value
- Experience in working with international donors (AA, BMZ, EU, UNIHPF etc.); experience with German donors would be a strong asset
- Proven ability of working in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Proven project planning skills including assessments, project proposal development, logical framework and report writing including experience with Monitoring and Evaluation tools and international standards
- Proven communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, different authorities and donors
- A strong team oriented approach with excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- A high level of physical and mental resilience
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of German, Kurdish and/or Arabic would be an asset
- Start Date: asap, preferably August 2018
- Duty Station: Dohuk or Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, with frequent travel in the region
- Duration of contract: 1 year with potential for extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in the team house, R&R; one flight home/year.
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
Kindly submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of diplomas and three professional references) by July 15th 2018.