Marketing Director job description
- Creating and overseeing the company’s marketing strategy and campaigns, including guidelines for advertising, pricing, distribution and placement in stores of products and services.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy
- Develop a brand strategy
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget
- Supervise and coordinate marketing activities or guidelines.
- Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan.
- Working with the sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Developing market intelligence and customer insight data, including competitor and brand analysis to drive appropriate marketing, communication, publicity campaigns, and new product development
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends, and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
- Responsible for leading the development of new product plans and campaigns gaining buy-in of the management team to proposed recommendations
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Significant experience of confident, driven, and dynamic senior leadership within a marketing function
- Experienced in understanding a segmented customer base
- Credible at all levels and ability to communicate, challenge, inform and influence at senior level with data and metric-driven communications
- Clear communicator of strategies and concepts, with the ability to be a challenger or market changer
- Strong inspirational leadership qualities with a demonstrable record in leading and developing teams
- Solid understanding of customer lifetime value
- Proven history of developing impactful and effective marketing campaigns
- Experience in developing strategy and converting strategy into action