The Goethe-Institut e.V. is an intermediary organization of the Federal Republic of Germany whose goals are the promotion of the German language abroad, the cultivation of international cultural cooperation and the communication of a comprehensive image of Germany through information about cultural, social and political life.
We are looking for a Marketing and Social Media Coordinator (100%)
(starting March 15th 2023)
The main areas of activity are
- Developing marketing strategies for the projects and activities of Goethe-Institut Irak (cultural + language + library department)
- Maintaining the social media accounts of the Goethe-Institut Irak (Facebook and Instagram)
- Development of social media campaigns in the areas of culture, language and information in close coordination with the project managers, the head of departments and the director
- Development of communication concepts and their implementation
- Target group analyses
- Active use of the channels
- Implementation of live events and engagement with current social media formats
- Support of general public relations
The following are required
- Completed studies in Marketing or Communication; preferably with focus on Social Media
- Excellent knowledge of English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Knowledge of German advantageous
- Previous experience in professional use of social media
- Interest in the thematically diverse work of the Goethe-Institut
- Organizational and team skills
- High resilience and flexibility
- Ability to communicate
The remuneration is based on the remuneration scheme for local employees of the Goethe-Institut Irak.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, references), addressed to the Goethe-Institut management, Ms. Anaïs Boelicke by 02.03.2023.
Please note that only applications with the job title "Social Media Coordination - Your Name" in the Subject line will be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.