World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Market Specialist - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Market Specialist will be responsible for implementation of the Safe Return Project, Ninewa funded by Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP). The individual will be responsible for assisting producers within the selected region area to have an in-depth understanding of vertically and horizontally linked firms and the relationships embedded in these linkages; end markets, input and support service markets; and the environment in which they operate in order to take advantage of market opportunities and gain access to more lucrative and sustainable markets. The job entails identifying key market players, opportunities and constraints, formulating innovative market hypothetical’s, generating real market orders and coaching/mentoring of producers in producer groups. Liaising and working closely with related structures, market actors, stakeholders (government and private sector) and community members.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including supporting small farmers/producers to enlarge their markets, and build a strategy that will support the growth of their businesses. Holistic capacity development of beneficiaries in aspects that involves the identification and analysis of capacity gaps and the creation of ‘gap filling’ measures that entail more than simple training.
Use materials for Business Skill & Entrepreneurship Development training & planning are specially designed to work with available resources and attempt to provide learning inputs targeting behavioural gaps (lack of motivation, business culture etc), informational gaps Support in contract farming agreements (forward production contracts) between the lead private partner (buyer of raw material) and farmers (or their collective organizations).
Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages
Create an in-depth understanding of vertically and horizontally linked firms and the relationships embedded in these linkages; which may include socio-cultural, geographic and political factors, infrastructure and institutions
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator
Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor report Planning and Budgeting Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of working experience in livelihood and market specialist
- Field experience working with communities, market actors and liaising with government departments
- Strong understanding of commercial market operations and systems
- Knowledge on how to Leveraging Economic Opportunities to promote inclusive market systems.
- Knowledge of value chain analysis and effects on poor producers
- Knowledge and skill in principles of adult learning approaches.
- Post-graduate or Master’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field/s will be highly valued
- Understanding of the culture and conditions in area
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, and English languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development, practice in community development
- Training experience, experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
- Previous experience in research design and implementation experience
- Strong experience in networking
- Knowledge in research design and implementation
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Mode of Application:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 12 July 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.