Call for Letter of Expression of Interest
Market Research Capacity Building
The Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion (PSD) project is requesting services from individual consultants for Market Research Capacity Building.
The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
The PSD Project supports governmental efforts of creating conditions for a growth-oriented business and investment climate in central and south Iraq as well as the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It provides advisory services for economic reforms to government partners and supports fact-based policymaking by promoting the inclusion of private sector representations, academic institutions, and civil society organizations in policy-making processes.
In addition, the PSD Project supports the creation of employment prospects in the private sector for young Iraqis, especially women and returnees, following an integrated approach that combines labor market-driven skills development and job placement measures as well as entrepreneurship development, and advisory services for MSMEs.
Overall, this multi-donor action emphasizes developing the long-term abilities of its partners such as the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, chambers, and business associations. Special attention is given to sectors with a strong potential for growth such as agribusiness, solar energy, waste management, and hospitality, with a regional focus on Baghdad, Basra, Diwaniyah, Diyala, Erbil and Mosul.
Since 2019, the PSD project has supported our partner organizations in the various project regions, working directly in Erbil with the Kurdistan Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industries (KFCCI), and most recently in Diyala with the Diyala Chamber of Commerce (DCC) and Diyala Chamber of Industries (DCI) to deliver business development services (BDS) to the members' companies, particularly micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
Based on the request of partner organizations, and to expand their range of services provided to member companies and the public, the PSD project shall provide expert training to partner staff in Diyala and Erbil on methods and tools to collect, analyze, and publish relevant market statistics.
Given MSMEs’ inability to conduct market research on their own, up-to-date statistics on market trends would be a crucial service that partner organizations can provide their members.
The theoretical training course shall cover basic market research types, best practices, methodologies, and tools, including an introduction to the basic software that can be used to collect and analyze trends in market data. The practical aspect shall include real-world case-based training, with the consultant guiding the participants through the process of collecting, analyzing, and publishing a report for a real market segment.
By the end of this service, the participants shall be well-equipped to effectively conduct research on key market sectors and deliver the findings to their member companies. The consultantshall work with the participants to produce a final market research report using the skills they have learned.
The approximate technical requirement of the consultant is as follows:
- Master’s degree in a related field (Statistics, Applied Statistics and Research Methods, Marketing).
- Professional experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in business consulting, statistics, marketing, or market research.
- One reference of experience in developing a market research report. Previous experience with training, leading, and guiding participants, or team members to achieve specific goals. Experience in the region/knowledge of Iraq, including the Kurdistan region of Iraq (KRI), for at least 3 years.
- Language skills of proposed experts:
- Business fluency in English is a must, in addition to (Arabic or Kurdish) according to the area of work.
Factors for Consideration:
Responders are expected to write an explanation about how they can address each of these areas of interest by GIZ-PSD, which will be used to determine if bidders shall be pre-qualified.
- Ability or confirmation of ability to provide goods or services described above. • The bidder is registered and licensed in the federal Iraq to perform the work outlined above
- The bidder can prove they have the necessary financial resources to perform the work.
- Illustrative CVs of individuals on staff, or available to the bidder, who can perform the term of reference.
- The company local bank account under the company name.
- Three past performance descriptions illustrating relevant experience delivering the required services
Interested bidders must complete their responses, in English, following the specifications outlined below and express their interest to submit a bid when receiving a relevant invitation to bid. The response format consists of three sections
Section 1: Bidder Information
Section 2: Factors for Consideration
Section 3 Client Reference:
Interested individuals must submit the above requirement forms (I. to IX.) via email with the email subject name “PSD – Market Research Capacity Building”.
- Baghdad and Erbil.
The deadline for submission is:
On Thursday, 22.11.2022